Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spending Christmas Day With Friends

A night before, Christmas Eve, I was working and was very very tired so upon arriving home I just changed immediately and went to sleep right away thinking that I have to woke up later in the afternoon to meet some of my close friends for post-Christmas celebration.

I slept for a substantial six hours and tried to call my friends if the date will still be on. Yes, it is! So I immediately get up from my bed half awake and tried to get some water in that I will have to push my-still-drooping-eyes to open up and keep my back stick away from the inviting soft bed and not yearn to fall asleep for more hours or else the date will be at stake.

When I got out of the room, the afternoon breeze was so cold touching my skin and gave me shivers inside. My goosebumps immediately surfaced trying to protect myself from the threat of the nagging cold from outside. Damn, I forgot to close the window before I went to sleep, now it's hard to close it because it already got stuck on the window sill because of the cold. Aaah.... dumb me.

Well, I can't do otherwise but to go back to my room where my heater was continuously on and have myself recovered by covering myself with the thick warm comforter sheets I laid on my soft bed. I turned the light on to keep me fully awake and also turned on the television to keep me aware that it's really wake up time by engrossing myself with the teleserye's I've recorded while I am asleep earlier. Good thing my ever relying DVR still works continuously to record me my fave teleseryes for me to review when I am awake.

It was past 5 pm when I got up again from bed and took a hot shower because I was planning to go to church to visit the baby Infant Jesus and pay homage to Him as well as greet Him a Happy Birthday.

When I got out of the shower the chill of the outside breeze gave me some shivers so I ran immediately inside my warm room and seek the comforts of my warm sheets when I noticed that my celfone was blinking. I checked it and I noticed that the hospital was been calling me to work extra tonight. Since I only put myself available I just ignored the call because I still want to meet with my friends whom I haven't seen for a long time.

But before that I called the unit to confirm how many patients were there and good thing it's safe for me not to answer the call because they only needed enough people. Maybe some units need added help tonight that's why the nursing office called me. But hell no, I have a date tonight and I'm sorry for not responding.

I left the house and drove to St. Basil Church in Wilshire Avenue. I spotted a good parking at the church yard so I parked my car and immediately went to church. The mass had already started so I looked for an available seat at the mid portion of the left side of the church.

After the mass, I lined up myself to go in the front pews to see the Infant Jesus and kissed the baby telling him my birthday and christmas wishes. This kind of holiday gesture is a tradition handed and taught to me by my parents which I couldn't forget every where I go.

My wish for Christmas is global peace and harmony as well as good health and guidance for my jobs. I also thanked baby Jesus for all His love and answers to my prayers and for all the good things I got this year. It's a way of commemorating all my good blessings for the whole year. And also I prayed for my mom whom I missed so dearly.

After I got out of Church it was already 6:30 pm and I was starving badly so I called my friends telling them that I am on my way to pick them up. I drove at Julio's place and told them that I will be there immediately in 10 minutes. When I got there we hugged each other and I gave them my Christmas presents. It's good to see Julio and his boyfriend Joaquin. They were a stunning couple to look at because both of them were awesome and very very handsome together.

We left the house and I drove towards Sunset Boulevard looking for the Bossa Nova Restaurant. When we got there the place was close on Christmas day so we decided to go to West Hollywood and check out if the other branch is open there. But again, when we got there the other branch is also close so we just decided to go inside The Abbey right across the street which is open.

We went to see an open booth for us to get seated and when we spotted one we immediately took a seat and made some orders. I was so happy to see both of my close friends so much in love with each other.

After a brief hi and hello at the house we continued our long conversation here. We talked about everything pretty much about our individual lives, jobs, lovelife which I hesitatingly avoided because they know I am always mum about this topic, about our families, friends, and love ones. Everything we can think of. We also made a lot of flirting and jokes in between. Julio is a natural joker and Joaquin is just a good listener, very reticent and shy.

When our orders arrived we gobbled them down slowly while talking in between. It was so fun to be with the twoclose friends I haven't seen for a long time. Too bad Kuya George was not here with us to join. He is apparently in Las Vegas spending time with his family. I called him earlier and he told me that his mom called him to go home for the holidays so he has to skip spending Christmas with me. I haven't seen him either for almost three weeks now.

We had a hearty dinner. I ordered a grilled swordfish and mixed green salad with poached vegetables. After we gobbled down our dinner we ordered drinks and Julio decided to watch Avatar after that.

I didn't told Julio that I watched Avatar twice so I decided to just tagged along with them. We went to Arclight Cinemas in Sunset Blvd. and lined up for our tickets but we couldn't find a good spot for the 10 pm show so Julio decided to get three tickets for the 11 pm show.

Since we have two hours to wait, we decided to leave the premises and I drove them to Hollywood Blvd. towards Highland Mall where we decided to make a short stroll.

Upon finding a good spot to park near the mall, we got out of the car and just walk. There were a lot of people on the streets trying to revel the cold breeze of the Christmas and also enjoy spending time with their families, friends, and love ones.

We walked towards the Kodak Theater and looked for a Starbucks Cafe there to buy coffee. After obtaining coffee to warm us up we walked around the place and took pictures capturing the essence and spirit of Christmas around us.

We still continue talking, joking, and giggling at each other. It was really fun to spend time with close friends. I always missed this time especially if the friend is very very close to me.

Julio is just a big brother to me. He was my neighbor before the first time I moved here in Los Angeles from Texas and he is very accomodating, understanding, and respectful. When he met Joaquin last year they both move in to a new big place in Park La Brea but I still call him, corrspond to him, and talk to him periodically.

He is the one who encouraged me to find a boyfriend but I always refused his offer. So he knows that I am always mum about that topic. He stopped pestering me about it because he knows he couldn't squeeze me out to talk and admit about it which is very kind and respectful of him. But I know he just want me to get happy.

After the stroll, we went to see check Avalon Club in Vine Street if it's open to get some drinks but when we got there the line was very long. Julio went to ask how long was the wait and he was told that it's about one hour, so we decided to go back to Arclight and just get some drinks at the inside restaurant there.

When we got to Arclight we went to the premises' in-house restaurant and Julio got us some drinks. He got me an apple martini and he got two bloody mary's for him and Joaquin. We sipped our drinks very intently while waiting for our movies, talking at each other, and making jokes, and giigling at the jokes.

When our time was up, we went to our assigned stadium and took our 3D googles. The show started and we concentrated on it. The movie was more clear to me now after watching it for the third time. I can sense that my two companion were so sweet at each other, smooching and cuddling at each other and very engrossed and focused in watching the show. The movie lasted for three long hours and after the show they were so happy and had told me that they liked it very much. Me too had liked it a million times and is never fed up watching it over and over again.

We got out of Arclight where it was nippy and cold outside and I drove them both back at their home in La Brea park. They both thanked me for the wonderful night and time I spend with them. I gaved each one of them a tight hug wishing them the best of the Holidays and they returned the favor as well. We called the night off and bade a sweet goodbye.

I left their place and drove back home very tired. I already missed my warm room because the night was chillingly nippy. But all the memories I had tonight was beyond explanations and comparison. I am bursting with happiness seeing both my close friends in a very happy mood and having them both tonight was a joy to reckon with.

Twas a good and lovely night spending Christmas with my very close friends. How I wish to see them again in the future. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment