Tuesday, December 29, 2009

PNHS Class 1987 Reunion

Two days ago, December 27, 2009, was the 22nd year class reunion of my high school batch, the PNHS Class of 1987. It was supposed to be held twelve hours before the date from yesterday because Southeast Asia is twelve hours advanced from us. (I live in Los Angeles, USA.)

Despite I was living here in the United States, I can still feel that I was attending the reunion because my thoughts were always there with them. Thanks to the ever reliable Facebook Network which can connect us directly to the Philippines as long as they were online there. Networking is really the trend of the 21st century I think.

At least I did saw the initial set of pictures sent to us by our ever reliable classmates (Merlyn and Jojo) which eventually had helped me quench my longing and thirst for the faces of my former high school classmates. I was so thankful that they had posted several pictures for me to peruse, enjoy, and laugh at.

I think it was a very fun reunion this year because they were saying that a lot of our batchmates had attended the reunion party, although there were some who did not attended also. But they said that the numbers now were much higher than the previous reunions. That's a big success already.

I was so ecstatic upon seeing from the pictures that they were really having so much fun. Judging with the number of pictures from Jojo Bautista's and Merlyn Porras' entries....wow!..... I was so surprised how happy everyone is celebrating the festivities. It's really obvious from the smiles and grins of their faces that they really had a lot of fun.

It was been twenty-two years, since we graduated from high school and until now I haven't even attended even one reunion. What a shame on my part. I really envy those who had made it all the time. But I cannot help it because my life is already here. But despite of that my heart and thoughts still belongs there.

In as much as I wanted to go home during the holidays it is really not the best time for me to go on vacation because at work they require us to work one holiday per year and judging that the holidays were just seven days apart from each other, it would be too late to fly after the 25th of December and arrived in Iloilo after two days, considering the lack of time and the effect of the long flight for the body.

But I really promised, during our 25th Silver Jubilee, I will make an effort to really go home because I know that will be very meaningful for our batch and for me. And right now, I already submitted my request at work in advance to let my superiors know that I have to spare that day for the very important event in my life.

So in 2012, I got to see each and everyone I missed after 25 long years from graduating at Passi National High School. I can imagine how each of my classmates, batchmates, close and best firends, teachers, and everyone looks like. It was just like remisniscing our old times again and living the most of it. I wonder who will I bumped first when that time happens. I really can't wait now, I am very excited already. I wish tomorrow will be that day. Hahahaha.

Anyway, I thanked the effort and hardship of our ever dutiful and reliable class president in really making this recent reunion a big success. Thanks for contacting and nagging all those who wanted to contribute so that the gathering will become fruitful. To Mr. Joe Divin Palencia....... you are indeed a true leader.... living up to the expectations of your position as well as of your batchmates.

With your constant coresspondence with everybody you have collected about 29,000 pesos for our batch's funds. It was indeed a big achievement on your part and I salute you for your untiring and unselfish effort.

To Merlyn and Jojo, thank you for being there ever ready to help out just in case everything will fall short. And also thank you, to both of you, for gracing the occasion with your presence and making it more meaningful to all our batchmates to see you. Also, thanks for posting those myriad pictures for us who did not attend the festivities to scan, browse, peruse, look, see, watch, and comment online. For sure it brought joy to everyone who did not attended the party just like it brought a lot of joy to me.

Thanks a bunch also to all my batchmates and classmates who in one way or another contributed financially or in kind. Without your contributions the occasion would not be a total success. Thanks for sharing your unselfish help and grace to all of our batchmates who cannot even afford to contribute, in that way we made them feel important and that they were loved by us. No one can match the joys and laughters we saw from the eyes and faces of those batchmates that we had helped. It was really priceless and precious!

And to all our batchmates who attended the party..... thanks for making the occasion very festive and fun. Thanks for your effort, cooperation, presence, smiles and laughters, as well as your participation in making the reunion a big success. I myself really enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Hopefully, I am looking forward that in 2012, during our 25th Anniversary and Silver Jubilee, we can even double or triple the fun compared to this and we will make it unmatched to every other batch who had a silver jubilee celebration.Yeah!

I hope seeing each and eveyone of you in three years time if God willing. My best regards to everyone and kudos to all us! PNHS Batch '87 is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment