Thursday, December 24, 2009

Random Tidbits

Ooops.... I haven't been here in my blog anymore for more than two weeks. What had happened is beyond my control. I've been very busy lately in my two jobs that's why I have not come back here to make some entry. But eventhough it was not an excuse and I know that.

I've been laxed again for my blogging here and my blogging attitude gradually seems to eased down from being hyper-imaginative to totally damn lazy. I don't know what had happened to me lately. It was highly unlikely for me to be like this and I was so surprised about it. I will held accountable and responsible for my own shortcomings. And I apologized for that. Hope you'll understand.

I know even things have been busy for me, I still have to find time to make sure that the job was done well. But it seems that my growing age had already posed a threatening toll on me. I just don't want to attribute it to this but I feel it is really giving me a big toll to do things on time. Been so tired lately after work and I just want to rest all through out the day. I even had neglected doing my chores most of the time.

They say that life begins at forty but it seems to me that I am regressing badly at the moment. I just don't want to move around. I've been a slob lately and I am very ashamed about that. It's just not me actually. I don't know why it happened to me. I refuse to say that I am depressed because I am still communing to my surroundings well lately.

Well, as I came back here again I realized that I had missed writing down a lot of important events in my life currently so I just decided to just scribble some random tidbits of it for me to have a record of it here in my blog for me to reminisce later on.

I was glad that the rain had already abated. That one, too, had contributed to my laxed attitude lately but even though I shouldn't have put a blame on it because in the first place I should have been more responsible to do my task on time no matter what the weather was and the odds were.

That's the purpose why I put up this blog in the first place, for me to become more responsible in marking and creating my blogs on time despite how timid and lazy I am in order to just account what had happened in the past and for me to remind myself of the past events for future recap. But what is happening right now is totally crazy, a helluva madness per se. I was not living up to my own expectations and I am very very frustrated about it. And that was shameful and embarrassing in the first place.

On December 4...... I started my first day of teaching theory class with Batch 14 at school. I was been teaching theory years ago when I decided to quit it for a while and just focus on my clinical teaching. Now I decided to give it a try and I liked it.

Guess what happened? My director-of-nursing had requested me last month to cover for the next incoming batch (which is Batch 14) for their theory class because someone from school had recommended me to teach theory. I didn't know that somebody had believed in me and I was surprised about it.

Well, how could I refuse such a good offer? I was totally shocked that somebody had believed in my teaching skills in the classroom whether he's a colleague or a student I was totally in awe. I was planning to decline the offer in the first place but I made it a deep and long thought to just give it a try. Besides there's nothing to lose about it.

And mind you, it even added and boost my confidence level to be with the students three folds and had able to help them in their theory class as they learn to ascend their professional ladder. So I accepted the offer with some degree of hesitation, and it was productive so far. The students liked me and I liked it, too.

I was been teaching them for two weeks now and I really enjoyed it a lot. The students were benn participative and interactive in the class. They ask questions whenever they're in doubt and I couldn't ask for more. God always works in mysterious places and time. I always believed in His guidance.

December 8...... was the feast of the Immaculate Conception and I went to attend the mass. I felt so good during that time and I decided to fulfill my Catholic obligation. So right after I got out of work I headed directly to Saint Brendan Church on 3rd Street and Wilton Avenue where I usually attend the weekend mass.

When I got to the church there were a lot of people attending the mass and the students of the St. Brendan Parish School were all there together with their family. While listening to the mass the priest was kind of good at giving his homily service and at that time I was really enlightened by what he was saying and I started crying trying to remember my dear mom.

It was highly unlikely for me to cry in public because of my stoic attitude but I was probably over immersing with my emotions about Mama Mary's story and I remembered my mom. It was very uplifting to have cried that time and unconsciously vent out my emotions in the house of the Lord and when I went out of the church I felt so light and good after that.

That was the first time I feel so good in my life. I know mom had touched me and able to be by my side that time. It was a strange feeling but I can attest to that. Thanks mom for believing in me all the time and for always being there during the times that I needed you.

December 11..... was still raining that time when I got out of the school after my theory class. The weather forecast in Los Angeles was cold and rainy that time extending all throughout the weekend. I was supposed to watch a show in Santa Monica by Cirque de Soleil called Kooza. I was driving on a sleek road and heavy traffic going to Santa Monica to catch the show but it didn't bother me because I was three hours ahead of time.

Well, you know what happened I just barely got there on time. Imagine the traffic was that slow on a heavy rain, I didn't even realized it. And when I got there I have to turn around several times because the parking was bad. Good thing I decided to get to Third Street Promenade and parked on the public structure there and just decided to walk down the pier even though it was drizzling.

But all the hindrances, the traffic, the scarce parking, the rain, and the long walk was nothing because by the time the show started I totally forgotten about all I have been through just to catch up and watch for the show. The show was beyond spectacular and was awesomely done. I made a separate blog for Kooza so please read it if you have time.

December 12..... it was Saturday and I was off. I decided to spend a quiet time with Kuya George so I called him up after lunch and invited him to watch a movie. Since I was curious about that new theater in downtown that my co-worker had told me I decided to probably bring Kuya George there for our movie viewing.

When we got to the downtown again my parking dilemma started. It was really hard to look for a decent parking around downtown area. After several turnarounds I told Kuya George to ask the theater butlers where to park and good thing the guy told us this awesome parking lot intended just for the moviegoers which only charge a reasonable price just for the theatergoers. Damn we've been roaming around like crazy and it was just there. We should have asked in the first place. Hehehe.

Well, after finding a good parking spot we went to the theater (it's name is Regal 14 Theater) and purchased two tickets for 2012. And when we went in we were greeted by the sprawling lobby and the towering floors. My God the theater was so huge, like a cruise ship (hehehe I never been on a cruise ship). It was big that we have to take the elevator to the 3rd floor to watch our movie. I don't know how many auditoriums they have but I'm telling you it was huge.

The movie was titillatingly full of suspense but very nice. I liked it and was a bit scared about the twist in the plot. I know it's just a fiction but judging it will happen in the future because of mankind's current regard to their surroundings then it is a scary thing to happen.

It gave us a big lesson to treat mother earth with kindness to prevent global warming to prevent this havoc that mother nature will create because of mankind's neglect. To me it can happen sometime in the future as people multiply and abuse mother nature but not in 2012. I know the director just fast track the date to give us a realization that it will sometime happen in the future.

December 13...... after working clinical a day before and had my good rest a night before I decided to go to Whittier, CA to see my maternal aunt and my high school classmate to drop off two things, one my little contribution for our high school alumni reunion this year and my wedding present for my second cousin. I stayed at my aunt's place for a little chat and bonding time then I drove back to Los Angeles.

Since it was my off I decided to passed by downtown LA again and look around for the enticing and flickering christmas decorations on the streets when I accidentally passed by the Regent 14 theater again. So I abruptly decided to watch another movie. I spotted a good parking at the theater parking area and headed to the theater and bought a ticket for Blindside which stars Sandra Bullock. I love her so much that's why I chose the movie.

The movie was so poignant. It was a story of a black NFL football player who started from poverty which despite his hapless situation he didn't gave up and become succesful. He was adopted by a white family after finding him living in the streets, had him stayed at their home, giving them hope that he can do it, had him go to a private school and educate him, and guiding him to be a good Christian.

I actually cried after the movie was done. Sandra Bullock was so awesome in that movie. And I heard she got two nominations for the coming Golden Globe awards next year. Good for her.

My weekdays was not that good to blog though. It was just my routine work at the hospital and it was not that great except that I was floated Wednesday night in NICU. It was my first float after one and a half year. I survived the night after taking care of an overstaying boarder (167 days-old ex-preemie) and a twin girls which made my night a nightmare because they were crying constantly. But it was an awesome night though.

December 18...... Time passed by so fast. It's Friday again and I had a skills lab with my regular class. We return demonstrated on gowning, gloving, and masking after watching a pile of videos and they were so eager to do their skills lab. I also helped them practice their Christmas presentation for the Christmas party on Sunday.

After I left school I decided to passed downtown again and watched the new flick "Avatar" which I heard was good judging that I already had been watching the theater streams on YouTube. I know it will be a very nice movie to watch.

But before going to the theater I decided to get my dinner at The Old Pantry House. I ordered a top sirloin steak and I gobbled the food in a nick of time just to catch the movie. It was been a long time that I haven't had steak so I decided to have one for my dinner and I enjoyed every piece of it judging that the restaurant had a good reputation for grilling good juicy steak. My dinner was satisfyingly great!

After the dinner I headed to the theater parking lot at Francisco Street and spotted a good spot despite it was already full. I then headed to Regent 14 theater and purchased one ticket for Avatar. I was still on my maroon scrubs and jacket but I was so excited to see it so I decided not to go home and changed and because time is of the essence here and the traffic is bad at that time, I just decided to go straight watched the movie with my scrubs.

When the movie started and with the googles on for it was in 3D I was so fascinated how intricately it was made. Every details of the pictures was so life like. It was awesomely done and I liked it so much. I was so happy I lined up myself to be the first one to witnessed it at this opening day.

I even had watched it the second time around after two days on my next day off. I was so crazy about it and I can't resist watching it again.

Well, I think that's all I can remember had happened for me lately. You've noticed I basically immersed myself in watching movies lately because that's the only one I can do here in Los Angeles to amuse myself and nothing else aside from working too much.

At least I've done something that keeps me going although it wasn't productive. It's much better though rather than staying in my pad and do nothing except for watching television. I can't even do my chores on time because I was been very lazy doing it. By just mere looking at the piles of work that is waiting for me I already lost my appetite starting to do it. Hahaha.... funny but that's the truth.

Hopefully, maybe someday I could change my attitude although I can say the chances are nil. But who knows it will happen. And if that happens it will be a huge miracle. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment