Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain

Whoa! It's gloomy now here in Los Angeles. I went home last night at 2 am from a party and I met a lot of nice people. The one that really spend most of his time talking to me eventhough how boring I am was this very patient skinny guy (his name is Steven) who I find more amusing to talk with.

I went to bed at 3:30 am and had probably slept for a quite long six hours. I woke up at around 9:45 am and was planning to do my laundry because my work scrubs were been piling up and overflowing from the hamper. I immediately collected all the scrubs, grabbed my quarters, and went to the back of the house where the washing machine and dryer were located.

When I opened the door, the breeze was bitingly cold and the pavement outside was slippery wet because it was raining hard outside the house. I didn't even bother to peek out of the window to check the pool for the pouring raindrops. But I don't have any choice but to weather the pouring rain and gradually tiptoed the slippery concrete pavement all the way to the back of the house to do the laundry.

While the laundry is ongoing, I went back to the house and gather my school shirts for my theory class on Thursday and Friday. I started ironing two shirts and my black slacks in preparation for the said class. And since I am working tonight I also went to iron my scrubs that I gonna wear tonight.

After doing the laundry, folding the clothes, and ironing my school outfits, I went out to do some errands eventhough it was raining hard outside. The rain was really pouring hard but I have to go out and go to the bank to wire my payment for the two condominiums I bought in Manila and also send money for my niece's school tuition. I just don't want to be late on my payments so I just have to weather the rain.

When I got out of the bank the rain started to slow down and when I was driving east along Beverly Blvd the sun started to slowly creep out from the open gloomy skies illuminating the still drizzling dark Los Angeles skies where I saw a rainbow forming slowly from the horizon in the east as the sun reflects on the slight drizzling skies.


I grabbed my iPhone immediately and started to click my camera and took some pictures while driving (I shouldn't have done that). When I made a left turn towards north on Western Blvd I also saw two rainbows slowly forming from the northeast horizon illuminating the well-known Hollywood Hills. The sight was awesome and awe-inspiring. I also included the picture here on my blog.

I passed by the Thai Barbecue restaurant that I always frequent at to buy my favorite Thai Chicken Barbecue in preparation for my lunch at work tonight.

When I went out of the restaurant the rain had already abated and the sun shined decadently and gloriously on the southwest skies heralding the coming of the very bright afternoon. The streets looks cleanly fresh and drenchly washed because of the just finished rain.

Yeah, the rain always symbolizes new hope for us. Despite of the gloomy weather, after the rain had passed by the sun still shines brightly bringing us the promise of God for a new life and a new beginning, which is aptly represented by the appearance of the rainbow.

I was so lucky that I have witnessed a rare phenomenon that rarely happened here in Los Angeles, which is the occurence of the rain and the rainbow. It seldom happened here in this very warm city of Los Angeles (like once in a blue moon) and for me I was still baffled and perplexed quite a bit for having witnessed one. I remember the last time I've seen a rainbow way back in my tropical country, the Philippines, when I was still there 20 years ago.

Now, after 20 long years, I know that the old adage is always true. The adage that said: "Behind the clouds the sun is always shining." And I can attest to that saying having witnessed one occurence today while it's still raining hard here in Los Angeles.

Thanks for always coming here and patronizing my boring blogs. Hehehe. Thanks a lot and bye bye to all!

P.S.

Since the topic is about Rain..... well I would like to mention that deliciously skinny Asian (Korean) guy from the new movie "Ninja Assassin". His name is also Rain and he is so awesomely  handsome, sexy, charming, and likable. I love the movie a lot and it really rocks. I love all the ass-kick stunts and the plot of course. I am always a fan of ninjas, I don't  know why. Maybe I have a ninja attribute deep within. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment