Friday, October 9, 2009

A Reason For Everything

Does something rattled you if you are in a hurry trying to buy time just not to be late? How aweful would that situation be and must that feeling to be in?

Well, you are actually not alone...... it just happened to me lately...... and actually just today.

Sometimes, we could not help to be anxious on some things trying to beat time when in fact we couldn't make it anymore. Sometimes, we could never accept the fact that we are so damn helpless and extremely defeated against doing such thing.

And we could not do otherwise but to accept the fact that it is time to stoop for our own purported defeat because time itself could not be defeated unless we arm ourselves with the anticipation to beat it such as being prepared and organized in order not to race against time itself.

Surely, these are just the manifestations of having a very pre-occupied life although in our current society right now this frequently happens.

Life is always full of nudging challenges and insurmountable obstacles and sometimes we always encounter a situation that time is always technically involved with it. And if this happens..... it is hard to beat, inevitable, and unpredictable.

I was literally so tired this morning when I got home from my night shift job and I have to go to sleep right away because I will be having a clinical class later on at 3 pm with Batch 7 at Centinela Hospital Medical Center in Inglewood, CA.

Technically, I am always off on a Thursday night but because I made some adjustments with my very hectic schedule this week due to the reason that my uncle and aunt from Batangas will come over here in Los Angeles and visit our nearest relatives, so I opted to trade one of my Thursdays just to accommodate a day or two for my visiting relatives in order to show them around the town.

Well, the trade-off was a very bad decision. I groggily woke up at around 2:10 pm and was hurrying up myself because I am anticipating a very bad traffic by this time.

Well, I could not do otherwise but to accept the fact that I'll gonna be late for a very uncomfortable one hour, so I immediately phoned in one of my student to wait for me at the hospital's cafeteria and instructed her to tell her classmates to meet with the disaster coordinator of the hospital who is suppose to meet them before our clinical pre-conference.

I usually leave the house at 1:30 pm to beat the nagging mid-day Los Angeles traffic but because it was too late now to beat it, I just succumb to my own defeat and accept the fact that I will have to face the anxiety of getting stuck in the traffic. Oooh.... I hate it to happen.

I left the house at around 2:30 pm. Driving on my usual route from north of Wilton Place to east of Santa Monica then merging to US 101, I can feel the congested traffic right after I got out of my house. But after I merged on the freeway the traffic was even slower. Damn.... I was already anxious and palpitating. I hate being late in my class.

Then suddenly I remembered my horoscope today. It says; "Don't get distracted by the process, focus on where you're going."

I immediately calmed down myself after realizing that the horscope was probably right and was pointing out with this current situation I am into right now. I made a few deep breaths to calm down my nerves and I made it to the point to focus on my way and my driving, as what the horscope have told me to do.

Judging with the series of ominous bad lucks I had the previous weeks including that freak accident, I promised myself not to be in that kind of situation again.

So, I immediately brushed off my anxiety and apprehension of getting late and just silently focused on getting to the clinical site, safe and sound even though I will be late. Anyway, I already phoned my students that I am on my way and a little bit late.

I kept driving appenhensively on the slow traffic at US 101 then by the time I have to merged on Highway 110 the traffic was even slower, it was a rat-race. I really can't help to be anxious this time so I took some more couple deep breaths again to calm me down.

It took me a slow-paced twenty-minute-drive to get to exit at Manchester Boulevard then I took the side streets immediately which is a little more loose now compared to the freeways. After stopping on several stop signs I got at the hospital's parking lot at around 3:20 pm. A little more late before our meeting time at the cafeteria.

When I got to the cafeteria, Claudia, the disaster coordinator, was already been talking with my students and the students of El Camino Real School, briefing them what to expect about the forthcoming annual hospital's disaster drill to be held next Thursday. I was glad I arrived safely at the clinical site without any harm despite of my anxiety, apprehension, and being late.

It was really a bad feeling to woke up stunned trying to catch up with time in order not to be late at work. I always never been late at the clinical site except for this time. But sometimes things are inevitable and we could not change it.

Well may be, there's always a reason for everything that had happened in our lives though how small or big it is. I am a very fateful and superstitious person. And good thing I remembered that horoscope I read this morning before I went to sleep. I think it has a valid reason why I get to read it this morning and relate it to my being late now.

Have I not heed the advise from that little horoscope today probably I will be a little confused and out-of-focus with my clinical rotation right now. May be I have to pick-up my scattered brains anywhere in order for me to get focused and get back on my feet on what I will be teaching today.

God is always good to me, and I always believe in Him, trusting Him for the success of my everyday endeavour.

After that brief meeting from Claudia, I gathered all my students and apologized to them about my little tardiness which they understood. I then made their assignments and talked to them a little bit about their daily expectations and activities. Then we headed to our different floor assignments and started our day right.

Aaah.... things always happens at the right time with the right reason. And I am always ever thankful to God for being there to guide me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment