Monday, October 5, 2009

Up And About

After that freak accident last Wednesday night, I get to hang-out with Kuya George a lot of times due to the reason that I don't want to stay at my apartment alone. I was still haunted by the trauma and aweful experience I had that hapless night.

I can still recall my helpless situation when I could not talk or call to somebody or anybody. Even looking for a rental car on that late night was so hard because most of the rental car offices were close that time except the one near the airport. I don't even want to go to the airport that time because it was very far from my place. So I decided to stay at Kuya George's apartment to spend the night.

The next morning I have to go to the body shop to talk to my friend Joseph, who owns the shop, about my accident and the rough estimate of the damages to my car. Then there and then, my friend helped me find an affordable rental car. After I got the rented car then I feel that my life was back to normal again.

It's really hard to go up and about around Los Angeles without a car. A car is very important and necessary in moving about and all around the town, especially in doing errands and fulfilling special appointments.

For myself alone, a car is very important especially now that my clinical rotations with the students were located far from where I live. I couldn't imagine myself waking up early to catch a bus for work. Like me, who usually wakes up late my life always revolves around my work, bedroom, and my car.

Now that my car was in the body shop for necessary repair then I have to settle with the alternate rented car. The one that I got was a Mazda sport-type sedan. It even got a spoiler to even prove that it really looked like a sports car. It is conveniently drivable and very easy to handle. I think I like it....... and mind you Hetz rental gave me unlimited miles to drive, too. It was agood perk by the way. So, that means that I can go anywhere I want to go. How about driving it to Las Vegas.... or maybe Santa Barbara? Hahaha....

Well, since I already have the alternate car to drive, me and Kuya George went to the Grove one time to watch a movie. We were just too eager to pursue our goal of watching a movie before that unexpected accident happened.

After ordering and gobbling a tasty double double cheeseburger and their freshly made crunchy French fries with Kuya George at In and Out, we headed to the Grove afterwards to watch "Love Happens" which starred Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart in a very cute and interesting love story.

The plot centered with the life of Aaron Eckhart who lost his pretty and loving wife from a freak accident. He still grieved his wife's lost by immersing and subjecting himself in helping other people to get over their loss of  a love ones when in fact he himself had secretly and discreetly hide his own grief about his wife and cannot pull off or out of it and go on with his life because of the guilt he felt about his wife's loss.

He then have a strained relationship with his father-in-law, played by the talented Mr. Martin Sheen, who had nothing to wish for but to see and have his son-in-law get over with the guilt he felt about his daughter's loss. But it took a while for Aaron Eckhart  to shake all those pent-up feelings, emotions, and longing for his wife by accepting the fact that he did nothing about his wife's death and that he has to move on with his life.

Jennifer Aniston's role was just right on time in helping the poor grieving Aaron Eckhart. Seeing the potential to help him recover from the loss and be a good loving friend to him, they both developed a very funny, conniving, and trusting bond through words written on the wall behind some famous and fabulous portraits hanged in the hotel's hallways and lobbies. I also learned some high-end words like quidnunc, sesquipedalian, incarnadine, schadenfreude, esurient, and others.

The movie was full of interesting bylines and good to excellent conversations. The script itself was exceedingly superb and the blending and mixing of the dialogues is awesomely inspiring and pleasing to the ears.

Even the actor's portrayals of their roles were superbly done and directed skillfully. The backdrop, which is Seattle, WA; was very pretty and romantic. Looking at the Spaceneedle behind the scenes even highlights the beauty of Seattle, WA itself. How I wanted to go back there again and visit all of the cool places they've featured in the movie.

Well, having the freedom to drive around brings new hope and promise for me to explore my surroundings as well as be cautious of some inevitable events and happenings that can lead to or bring me to any harm's way. So for now, my ultimate goal is to be free from any accident as much as possible, for I don't want to experience that bad and traumatic incident that I've  experienced last Wednesday.

But life can be erratic sometimes and eventhough how careful we are, if it is an accident it will really happen even if you don't ask for it. But hopefully, I can get rid of any bad luck to happen if I'll be more optimistic and relaxed about everything.

Crossing my fingers won't even help, but I hope luck will be on my side the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment