Thursday, September 10, 2009

Noynoy's Candidacy Confirmed

I was off yesterday and stayed home all day. I did my laundry and do some household chores dusting off furnitures and tidying up my closet. I also had time to cook and clean up my car. It was a busy day for me yesterday.

I was supposed to be available for work yesterday but after I woke up at 11 am yesterday I called my supervisor if she needed me to come to work that night, but she told me that the unit was slow and that we only have six patients, so that means that they don't need me.

So instead, I planned to stay home and do some domestic work. I was so busy doing one job at a time and when I'm done it was late in the afternoon so I took a warm shower and started to open the television to listen for the afternoon news.

I set the channel on The Filipino Channel (TFC) and there I saw on the screen that they were covering Noynoy Aquino's acceptance speech for running the Philippine presidency under the Liberal Party in 2010.

The room where the annoucement was held was filled with excitement and happy faces. The Liberal Party members were all there and was very happy and satisfied about Noynoy's announcement. They celebrated with pride because Noynoy finalized his decision to carry the party's banner for the coming presidential election.

Senator Benigno S. Aquino III a.k.a. "Noynoy" is the only boy of the late former Senator Benigno Aquino Jr. and former President Corazon C. Aquino who really worked and fought hard to have our country achieved a decent democracy. And his family was noted to have a lot of influence in every Filipino lives.

Noynoy wasn't motivated to run the presidency at first not until when his mom died when a lot of people asked, begged, seeked, and evoked him to accept the candidacy because of the current situation of the country and because of a lot of reasons.

As I was listening to his speech I can feel how he feels the pains of our countrymen for the current administration. If not for his mom's death he wouldn't see the light and courage to run for presidency and willingly helped his countrymen by accepting the position. He just wants to continue his family's truthful and peaceful legacy and wants our country to be better.

Well in fact before, he did not have an aspiration to run for the position. If not for Senator Mar Roxas who was supposed to be the prospected Liberal Party candidate for presidency, who humbly stepped down two weeks ago, just to gave way for Noynoy to ascend to the position, Noynoy wouldn't have the courage and bravado to accept the candicacy. It was a brave decision though for Senator Mar Roxas, who might be officially proclaimed as Noynoy's running mate. What a perfect tandem.

In his speech, he spend a lot of time in his one week retreat at the Carmelite nunnery in Zamboanga, trying to consider and reconsider a lot of things and reasons why he will run for the presidency and one of the reasons he pinpointed out was to continue his mom's legacy in upholding peace and democracy for our country.

During the acceptance celebration all his sisters were there signifying that they are all intact and supportive in their brother's decision. A lot of the Liberal Party members were there, too, to support him for his political aspirations. Senator Mar Roxas was there, too, to give him moral support. And all the people gathered there were so excited and happy about the good news he brought to the party.

In recollection, I was there in the Philippines when Tita Cory died. And I know how people went out and say goodbye to the mother of Philippine democracy. I saw the outpouring of support and emotions on the television and how the people wanted and requested Noynoy to run for the 2010 elections. I can see it in the television when I was there.

I can also see Noynoy's hesitance at first and now I was so happy that he accepted it graciously asking the Filipino people to just wait after they mourn for his mom's death. Then after the 40th day of mourning, here he is willingly accepting the position after his one week retreat to think about this very important decision.

So it is official that Senator Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino Jr. will be the standard bearer of the Liberal Party for the presidency and yet to confirm Senator Mar Roxas for the vice-presidency.

And for sure the people were very very happy and contented about this acceptance for they seek it and hope they will not abandon Noynoy instead will go out there and campaign for him in order to support him for his political aspirations as well as continue Tita Cory's legacy. I myself is also excited about this. Hehehe.

Go Noynoy go! You are my candidate for the 2010 Presidential election and I will campaign for you eventhough I can't vote there but I will tell my family to vote for you. And thank you for humbly accepting the position.

Good luck to you and your party.

No comments:

Post a Comment