Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chilling Out

I woke up with a fresh zit  on my right anterior forehead. It doesn't really alarmed me. I used to get it when I have a hang-over.

Last night, a Saturday night, I was off so I decided to go out and relax. I went to the Abbey first to meet with some of my long-time friends that I haven't seen for a very long time because of my very hectic work schedule.

When I got there, thirty minutes before midnight, most of them were already there talking and drinking at the bar. They were so happy to see me and we chit-chatted for a while. I also met some new ones and it was very cool.

They ordered me an apple martini and we continued talking and updating about our own lives. I really missed them and I just can't blame myself coming here to see them. It was nice to have seen them and be with them that time.

After an hour we decided to go to Here Lounge but it was so crowded in there so we decided to move to Rage but there were less crowd in there.

We then continued walking on Santa Monica Boulevard going east where there's more bars located across San Vicente Boulevard.

Our final stop was at The Mickey's. It was also packed there, yet my friends were so tired now to go back to the Abbey, so we decided to line up at Mickey's and paid for the entrace.

The crowd there were so diversified and very open. The two-storey bar was very posh and stylish and the beat of the music was very rhythmic and danceable.

We went to the second floor where we ordered our drinks. My friends ordered me a gin tonic and we continued to chat and made fun with each other. We also danced at times and enjoyed our time there. It was very nice to be with them and enjoy their company. I treasured every moment of it.

After guzzling down  two gin tonics and one rum coke I sensed that I was quite drunk. My friends teased me that I was already buzzing but I still kept denying it in front of their faces. We laughed and giggled a lot and poked fun at each other. There's never been a dull moment when  I was with them. We all enjoyed staying and talking there.

Fifteen minutes past one we decided to cool it off. We sadly said our good byes, smacking kisses at each other, and hugging each other tightly and fervently sweared to get in touch with each other from time to time. Also, we excitedly exchanged numbers and eagerly listed each other's available times when to call each other.

When I get to my car I felt a little pang of guilt in me because I will be driving home drunk. I cannot do otherwise but to go home and drive drunk carefully and safely.

So, I decided to take the risk to drive my car and cautiously drove it home. I know it was an irresponsible thing to do but I know I could get home easily without anything ominous happened. Luckily, I got home intact and without any harm.

I went out with the goal to relax and to chill with my chums. And  at the same time enjoyed my time off after working so hard for quite a time. It was a good feeling to see my old friends and enjoyed their company even for a short time.

Relaxing was also a good feeling. I know life is too short, so instead of staying at home and procrastinating about life I went out and enjoyed what life has to offer.

There are a lot of ways to spend your time off and for me chilling out with friends is one example of killing my time and getting a relaxed and stress free moment.

Watching movies and reading good novels and books are some of my favorite past times and sometimes going out and enjoying the beauty of nature even recharged me.

As a free spirited guy, I know how to spend my time wisely and sometimes waste it enormously. But to the least, I just wanted to savor every moment of it by getting to enjoy spending my time and get the most experience out from it.

Life is indeed short, so get out there and enjoy life. Celebrate on your days off and relax. In short .....chill out!

No comments:

Post a Comment