Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quiet Time With Kuya George

Well, I was back last night at work for only one night then I was off today. I went home early this morning too tired but not sleepy.

My night was awesome and not that busy. I had three patients initially and had admitted a septic baby with upper respiratory infection and urinary tract infection at 2 am.

I basically started his three antibiotics and monitored his fever all through out. He was shivering uncontrollably because of the systemic and general infection he had. He looks very septic and shocky, in that I have to hydrate him by pushing two boluses of normal saline twenty times milliliters of his weight. Then his fever started to abate.

When I got home, sleep was not imminent so I decided to finish the book I started reading at work before that septic baby came up. The paperback novel was titled "The Shop at Blossom Street" authored by my favorite writer Debbie Macomber.

The plot revolves on the story of four women who participated in a knitting class. Each women quite unique with their own stories in life interwoven together into a magnificent and extraordinary friendship. It touched my inner senses and woke up my maudlin feelings. Life seemed to be full of such little ironies. It's kinda funny but it's always the truth.

After I put down the book at about 12 noon I took a warm shower then have a date with my nine big pillows on my soft bed. I slept so good that I can't even recall I dreamt of something. I slept for a good refreshing six hours. I woke up at 7 pm a little bit groggy and in disarray.

I was brushing my teeth when the phone rang. It was Kuya George, my best friend. He wants to come over to see me because it was been three weeks that he has not seen me. Quite confused, I said yes and he hanged up.

I then hurriedly prepared dinner by washing the rice and steaming it at the cooker then took out two of the small milkfish (bangus) I soaked in vinegar, soy sauce, and crushed garlic two days ago and slammed it in the pan, frying it into a crispy fried fish.

I then took out the tomato and onion out from the fridge and diced it finely then peeled two salted eggs that I bought from a Vietnamese market the other day and mixed it with the tomato-onion mixture to make it as a salad.

By the time Kuya George came, dinner was ready to serve. We hungrily devour the food and practically finished everything without even missing one morsel of rice. I was so starve to death because I haven't had my lunch for the fact that I was sleeping soundly that whole afternoon.

I then took a shower after the dinner while Kuya George washed the dishes and carefully patted it with dry cloth and returned it in the cupboard. After the shower, I changed and we decided to go to the Grove and watch a movie.

By the time we got to the Grove parking lot we noticed that a lot of shoppers were coming to and fro on this early Wednesday night. When we were there we heard a rock song blaring from the mall's outdoor plaza. There we know, that every Wednesday night they have bands playing there and today it was Gavin Rossdale (husband of Gwen Stefani) playing at the plaza.

Because the plaza was so crowded, me and Kuya George decided to go directly to the theater and purchased two tickets for "The Time Traveler's Wife". It was a very slow movie but the plot is good. Me and Kuya George was so immersed with the love story and Eric Bana and Rachael McAdams's romance really titillated our senses. We were so lovestruck after the movie finished.

When we got out of the theater it was already 11:20 pm and the mall appears lonesome and inhabitted. I then drove Kuya George back to his apartment and we said our good nights.

With our schedules opposite each other Kuya George and me seldom see each other now. God is good if we happen to jam together all the time. But it seems that each and everyone of us has our own life and little ironies to face. Just like the book I've just read.

I am off for only one day today and will be back to work again tomorrow for one day. Then Saturday will me my clinicals and will rest the whole Sunday. On Monday I am planning to go to San Diego with my high school classmate to locate one of the lighthouse I've longed and dreamed to visit.

Who knows when is the next time me and Kuya George can see each other again. But I am hopeful it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment