Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Trip Back Home

Hi guys. This is the jist of my itenerary flight to the Philippines as I am starting my ten day vacation back home.

I left Los Angeles on the 28th of June and started my journey back home. I can't sleep that time on the wee hours of Sunday morning and I got lots of mixed emotions in me not to mention the butterflies in my stomach which really made me so anxious and jittery.

My landlord drove and dropped me at LAX at 7:30am. I left my car with his care trusting him that he will take care of it when I'm gone. He dropped me at Tom Bradley International Airport only to know that I have to go to Terminal 6 for Continental Airlines passenger check-in.

Well, Julio already left so I have nothing else to do but to push my luggage cart all the way to Terminal 6 where I need to check in. The line was long and the pace was incredibly slow. I have an hour more to go and my plane will leave soon.

Leaving LAX at 10:00 am my 747 Continental Airlines plane taxied slowly on the runway. I still feel so apprehensive and just couldn't feel at ease. I feel so tired from not sleeping the previous night and sleep still would not take effect while I'm anxiously sitting on my seat.

I started to dug up my romance paperback book that I brought thinking that it will tire me and put me to sleep. But as I started reading the book, I just couldn't put it down. I just couldn't stop turning it page by page, and enjoy the fiery and feisty romance of the main characters. I stopped reading it temporarily after my three hours flight when we layed over in Honolulu International Airport. We arrived there at 2:10 pm.

I then got out of the plane and started looking for my connecting flight to Guam. I went to look for Terminal 14 and waited for another thirty minutes for my connecting flight. Now, I felt tired and sleepy but I couldn't close my eyes because our flight will start boarding passengers shortly.

The seven and a half hours flight to Guam was long and uncomfortable. I can't sleep comfortably because I couldn't extend my legs and sleep while sitting. But due to my extreme fatigue I really need to shut my eyes despite of my uncomfortable position. I don't know how long I dozed off but when I woke up the flight attendants started to deliver our food.

After eating I ordered coffee and started to read again my paperback romance book. I really enjoyed it and almost finished before we docked at Guam International Airport. I then got out of the plane and look for my connecting flight on the monitor and locating the terminal where we will disembark soon.

Leaving Guam at 7:00 pm, the flight attendant told us that the flight will last for three and a half hours. When we arrived in Manila it was already night time. I tok my luggages and placed it on a cart. Then wheeled in at the exit terminal where we were exained for immigration policy procedures. After going through the examinations I got out of the airport and went to Duty Free shops to buy for some things for my pasalubong.

My flight to Iloilo will be on the next morning so I decided to stay at the hotel. I decided to call my friend to pick me up and he then complied. When he arrived at the airport I was coming out of the Duty Free Store and we then look for a nearby hotel in Pasay City.

I dropped my luggage of at the hotel after we secured an affrdable room for a night stay. We then headed to Dampa Market to have a good dinner. We selected fresh sea foods and fish for our hearty dinner. My friend was very kind to give me company that night before I will finally go home to the province.

After dinner, we stroll a little bit at Roxas Boulevard and exchange each other's stories about our own different lives. It was a great quiet time for us to be together again after several years of not seeing each other and I was so happy to have him that night for a company.

The next morning at 4:oo am he dropped me off at the airport and we bade each other goodbyes. I then headed to check-in all my luggages and paid necessary airport fees.

I was so excited at the plane because I will see my family again especially my mom in few hours time. The flight to Iloilo lasted almost an hour. It was a smooth sailing and uneventful flight.

Upon arriving at Iloilo International Airport in Cabatuan, Iloilo, I felt so relieved. I finaly arrived at my final destination. It was a long trip but very smooth. I arrived safe and intact, none-the-less, all my anxieties gradually fade away..

It was good to be back home again. There's no place like home, as what some says. And ultimately it is a known fact. And I myself can attest to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment