Monday, May 25, 2009

So Out Of Touch Or Just Plainly Demented?

Hi guys! I have a funny experience today which I'm going to share with you. Here it goes.

I woke early at 4 am this morning. Had a good night sleep. I took a warm shower and was so pumped up for my clinical class with Batch 5 at Imperial Crest Care Center. I made my agenda and test for the day before I went to sleep last night. Everything was in order and organized.

I left the house at 6 am and noticed that the freeway traffic was lose and scarce on a Monday. I thought it was just because of the LA Marathon today. I know it's still Memorial Holiday but I thought the holiday was yesterday. I arrived at the facility thirty minutes early after I passed by McDonald's to buy some coffee and an egg McMuffin. I parked on the street and waited for the students to arrived.

Normally the students arrived fifteen minutes early before 7 am but I noticed at 6:50 am there were no students coming. I have a bad feeling that they are not coming thinking they were instructed that it's their holiday from school.

I tried to make some calls but my damn iPhone was acting up. It froze everytime I make calls and I mean it's bad luck for me. I sitted in my car and waited fifteen minutes more to really confirm that the students are not coming. I am still in denial.

At 7:15 am there were no students reporting. I immediately felt that I am so out of touch from reality. Hahaha. I am so demented and so uninformed about my own schedule. I left the facility and immediately headed home. While driving home, I was so worried about my iPhone, too.

When I get home I immediately called ATT wireless to report the behavior of my iPhone but unfortunately they're on holiday too so probably I have to take care of this problem tomorrow. I dug up my old Blackberry and charged it so that I could use it for the meantime while I am waiting for the wireless company to help me put my iPhone back to use tomorrow.

Well, that's life sometimes bad luck do pop up because of our own negligence. Sometimes it happens because of our own careless behavior and sometimes they do happen accidentally. What we can do is to prepare ourselves for it and know how to handle it whenever it comes unexpectedly. And we sure know how to troubleshoot and accept the fact that we have to wait for quite a while to recover our loss of time, effort, and money.

I mean we can learn from our mistakes and we can be assured that whenever it do happen again we know how to maintain our composure and handle ourselves in such bad situations. Life as we live it everyday has it's own peak and trough. It's just a wave that comes and goes. It's not always that we have the highest point all the time but also we do have our own lowest point. And we have to prepare ourselves when it comes and do happen.

So that's what had happened to me early this day and I don't know yet what else to come. But rest assured I am ready to handle such situation no matter how tough it will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment