Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flying to Seattle

It's Friday, May 1st, the day when my vacation starts. I was very ecstatic because I have to leave out of town.

I will be gone for seven days enjoying the beautiful sites of the northern part of the country which is Seattle, WA a.k.a. the Emerald City of the Pacific.

I was so excited the night before leaving Los Angeles. Well, I was in my usual self, cramming all the time before the big day comes. That's my nature already and in as much as I wanted to change my self I still go back to my old ways.

A week before the month of April closes I was so busy transferring all my stuff from my old apartment to my new pad. I got this pretty sleek one bedroom place just enough for myself. My Brazilian friend Jose Julio owned the place and is willing to lend it to me for an affordable amount of money, which I immediately grab right away.

My best friend Georgie patiently helped me pack all my stuff and assisted me on my transfer when the mover's picked up all the stuffed boxes on April 21st. But since I have a lot of stuff, I have to gradually opened the boxes whenever I have free time from my hectic hospital and school schedule. I was glad Georgie was there all the time to help me. He's my angel and my help whenever I'm stuck in sticky situations.

So in gratitude, I treated Kuya George to a one week vacation to Seattle, WA to visit all his previous friends. We planned this vacation years ago and now we almost had realized it. Finally, we gave it a chance and so this vacation was set up.

May 1st, it's a Friday, at 9:30 in the morning, after packing all the needed stuff, I took a quick shower and phoned my friend that I will pick him up in thirty minutes. I went and picked him up after and we headed to the airport where I left my car at Lot B to park for the whole time when we're gone. We took the shuttle bus after that and lined ourselves at the concierge to check in.

After getting all our approved boarding pass we then proceeded to the tedious scrutiny of the airport security officers at the airport's entrance. We successfully passed the inspection so we headed to our assigned gate and waited for our plane.

We boarded the plane at 12:10 and flew for 1 hour and 10 minutes where we had a lay over at Oakland, CA. We then boarded some passengers and left for Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) airport. Our flight took like 2 hours and 15 minutes. We arrived at Sea-Tac at 3:40 pm.

We then, checked for a rental car and got an affordable offer from dollar rental company. After all the necessary checking and paying of our rental car, we went off and headed to Kuya George's friend's house at Renton, WA where we will stay for the whole week.

I met Ate Julie, the house owner, a very accommodating lady. George introduce her to me and I immediately feel at ease with her.

We then, settled in well at ate julie's place. I can't wait looking forward for what will happen in the following days, which for sure I will keep you updated. Can't wait till I come back here and blog for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment