Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whirlwind Life

Well folks, sorry for not blogging lately. I've been whirring like a whirlwind lately. Been busy because my life is full of it.

Firstly, it's renewal time for all my work requirements and credentials. Last April 21st, a Tuesday, I have to sit to a full-packed fire safety class. I got to renew this every four years and my card will expire next month and the nearest date to renew was on this day. The class was so boring with lots of videos inserted in between. The instructor has a lot of sense of humor though but I fell asleep for quite sometime. It lasted seven hours then my card was granted after the class. Goal #1 was met.

Secondly, I have to attend the annual Hospital Pediatric Skills Fair. It was a Thursday, April 23rd. Another long day and a boring class. We got to update what's new about the pediatric practice in the hospital and talked about some changes and recommendations. The brainstorming was tedious and a little sticky with the senior staff, but it went well, though. Then goal #2 also was met.

Thirdly, my CPR (basic life support) card needs to be renewed also. I got to renew it every two years. It was a week after my fire class, on a Tuesday of April 28th. I mean this class was a blast and very interactive. It was not boring at all. The instructor was very knowledgeable and made the participants very productive by demostrating the procedures and process of resuscitation to a dummy. We got to get the exam after the class though, and I passed. Goal #3 was also met.

Then the one that really made me busy was the moving out on Saturday, April 25th. Me and my best friend Kuya George has to do packing a day before, before the biggest day arrive. Saturday morning two burly guys showed up on my doorstep and helped us transfer the boxes to the big truck. It was my third moved around Los aAngeles. I have to move out because my apartment needs to do some renovations and besides the new owner wants the place renamed. Good thing my Brazilian friend offered one of his house for me to rent for a much lesser price equipped with amenities, hehehe, gym and swimming pool.

It was a tedious and tiring process, transferring all the taped boxes, equipments, and furnitures. I have a lot of not necessarily transferrable stuff so I left them behind, sorting out the ones that needed to be brought to the new place. My friend was very helpful too, spending his precious time helping me for my transfer. I really can depend on him all the time. well, that's really what are friends are for. He's always there in times of my needs.

Also, I have to packed some clothes for my coming vacation to Seattle, WA with Kuya George. I couldn't wait for the impending vacation because deep inside me, I can really feel that I am already bursting and itching to get out from the busy life of Los Angeles and feel the atmosphere of another place. It must be real nice if I can really stay in a nice and quiet place like Seattle. Although I heard some rumor that Seattle is kinda rainy and gloomy. I hope my vacation will not be as gloomy as the place. hehehe. looking forward to it though.

Well, that's what had happened lately to me, hence the long absence. But rest assured I am in great spirits because me and Kuya George got to treat our friend from the Philippines who just arrived here. Kuya George and I went to see and meet Dr. Robert Lee from Cagayan de Oro. We went out on a Sunday night, partied at Mickey's Bar, enjoyed the go-go boys at Here Lounge, and sipped martinis and long islands at the Abbey. hehehe.

Well, I have to sometimes paint my boring life red or may be pink. And I had fun after I did it. That's life, sometimes peaceful, sometimes whirring like a whirlwind. What a life to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment