Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Feeling Like A Paparazzo

It was a slow day in the morning and I was browsing the internet. I feel lazy to get up on bed so I decided to just lay on bed and decided to scan scan my emails as well as my facebook and friendster account from my laptop.

After manipulating my laptop for an hour a yahoo messenger window suddenly popped up. I was startled at first. I immediately checked who it was. My God, it was Doreen, my best friend from France. We chatted for thirty minutes, trying to checked on each other's situation and condition.

After the chat with her, I think my back was already sticking on my bed. I still feel lazy to get up from the bed. Then suddenly another yahoo messenger window popped up. It was my nephew in Florida. We chatted each other for twenty minutes trying to check how each other is doing and giving each other brand new intrigues of each other lives. I also inquired about my grand-nephew, grand-niece, and niece-in-law which he told me are very healthy and sound.

We finished chatting at one-o-clock and by that time I felt some moderate back pain because of too much lying down. I immediately got up and prepared for a warm shower which relieved the back pain and changed. Looking at the four corners of my room, I felt sick and tired of staying in it for the whole day, so I suddenly think of going out to relieve my boredom. Anyway, I am off again today so I decided to shop a little bit.

I am trying to think what to accomplished today while I am out so I decided to gather the three pants that I bought since last year that needs to be altered because the inseams appears longer and awkward to look at if being fitted on.

I dropped the pants at the dry cleaning place I used to have my dress dry cleaned. The lady who owns the place does the alteration, so I just left my pants there and told her that I will pick it up on Friday.

I went back to my car after that and try to write checks for my two parking tickets that I accumulated for this month because I failed to put enough coins on the parking meter and the time lapsed. So when the parking enforcer came while I was away, he issued the ticket.

The other one was incurred because I parked on a residential place that needs to have a parking permit for the residents that live on that area. That's why I always hate street parking a lot. For that two tickets alone I paid a whopping $91.00. It sucks though but I need to pay it or else if it accumulates I will receive a notice from the city controller's office and the more my car will be in trouble if I get cited the next time around.

I dropped the bill at the corner street mailbox then I headed to The Grove, and decided to spend a little money for a little shopping spree. Apparently, the word little ballooned and made into an enormous loss of cash from my bank account.

I first stop at Gap and decided to buy some undershirts because I think it's gonna be summer soon so I needed a colored under shirts for my hospital uniforms. I bought 6 plain colored ones and 3 printed ones, a pair of khaki long pants, and a flesh short jogging pants with a red stripes on both sides. I paid a whopping $248.46 for what I just bought.

Next stop, Abercrombie and Fitch. Thinking that I will have my vacation to France and London this coming July I decided to buy a green polo shirt. Upon entering the door I was happily greeted with a smiling pretty and skinny female and male models. The male model was shirtless showing off his ripped abs and blue boxer shorts on the waistline against his low-waisted blue jeans. I was planning to take a picture of the male model, but I got embarassed so I changed my mind suddenly. In short, I gave up about the idea of it.

I walked around the store until I landed on the third level trying to look for that green polo shirt but my feet drag me to where the printed Tees are and my erratic mind changed my premeditated plans.

I took a burgundy and blue printed shirt and decided to keep it and then I went across the next stall and peruse another gym short. I brought the three items to the nearby counter and paid for what's it worth. I paid $88.00 for all the items. While on the counter I was tempted to test the perfume being displayed and was about to get tempted to buy it but I immediately brushed off the idea.

After paying, I was rushing to look for the elevator and hurriedly drag my self out of the store before I could pick another item which will add up to what I just spend for the day. Upon exiting the AF Store I glanced at the cute model again and went to my car to leave the shopping bags full of newly-bought clothes.

I felt hungry so I decided to go back to the open yard and decided to go to the Farmer's Market and eat at my favorite Brazilian Buffet Place called Pampas. I grab the big plate and piled a little of the Caesar's salad with two slices of marinated tomatoes, a handful of fried rice, a slice of poach spiced-squash, and a little of the garlic-sauteed kale leaves, then I ordered a slice of top-sirloin steak, a cube of garlic beef and two spiced Brazilian sausages. I also grabbed a can of Brisk lemon-iced-tea drink and headed to the counter to pay for it. The meal cost me $ 15.35 plus tip.

After eating the hearty dinner, I roam around the Farmer's Market trying to take several pictures of what it gonna offer to the customers. I then went inside the Banana Republic Store and peruse the men's dresses. I couldn't find something nice so I decided to pick three more printed Tees, fit them and then paid for it. The damage is a whopping $73.00.

It's almost seven-fifteen so I decided to go to the Barnes and Nobles to just try to window shop for books but I ended up buying Stephenie Meyer's "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" which is the last two books of the Twilight saga. I already finished reading the two books "Twilight" and "New Moon" so I decided to just finished the whole saga. I can't wait to go back to the story again and dawdle on Edward Cullen and Bella Swan's vampire romance. I wonder what will happen to their cut short romance according to the last book that I have read.

I continued perusing the bookstore until I saw a lot of people standing on the 3rd level reading area. Well, guess who I saw there. I saw Mrs. Candy Spelling delivering a speech about the launching of her new book "Stories From Candyland". I just went to the little corner and started clicking my camera until I got enough picture of the famous Hollywood wife and author.
I went down to the first level and paid for the two hard-bound books I took. I paid $42.00 dollars for both books.

Coming out of the bookstore and walking East toward the fountain place I heard a live band playing with their blaring music on the air. I immediately went there intrigued and doing some reality check.

I saw the poster-ad near the fountain which says "Ballas-Hough Band in Concert tonight at eight-o-clock. I walked around towards Abercrombie Store and stand near the North-side of the stage when I saw Tony Dovolani of DWTS walking towards the stage. I asked him if I can take a picture and he immediately agreed.

Karina Smirnoff with Maksim Chemerkovsky was also there so I grabbed Karina and took a picture with her, apparently Maksim was been mobbed by bunch of teenagers so I decided to just take his picture without me.

Near the side of the stage there stand Tom Bergeron, the host of the show. I called him and asked if I can take just one picture which he agreed, so I snapped my camera right away while he fakely smiled back at me.

The cover act of the concert finished playing and the people were anxiously waiting for the Ballas-Hough Band to start.

After ten minutes of waiting the band gathered up together on the backstage. Lance Bass was there and also Lacey Schwimmer and Lil Kim. Tom introduced Lance Bass on the stage and Lance introduce the new Ballas- Hough Band to the eager and hyped audience.
Derek and Mark along with the band members played eight songs then they went back to Barnes and Nobles for the official signing and picture taking. After the mini concert I left the place and headed to the parking area and left for home.

Well, if I stayed at home and do nothing I shouldn't have seen the "Stars" and have pictures with them. I shouldn't have tasted how to be a paparazzi begging for the "Stars" to have pictures for my own silly purpose. I shouldn't have gone shopping and wasted an enormous amount of dollars which is a whopping $557.41.

What a day of spending a whole lot of money. What a shopper and paparazzo I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment