Saturday, November 7, 2020

Cancun Getaway

Amidst the Covid19 hoopla, me and my cousin decided to have a short vacay and had sneaked out from our busy schedule from the hospital. We flew to Cancun for a weekend getaway. The place was been devastated by two hurricanes the previous weeks and it showed from the uprooted trees on the streets. The place still stood from the adversity of mother nature. Business still has to go on.

We checked in at Canopy by Hilton at the main boulevard and the hotel was kinda uninhabited because of the scourge of Covid. Good for us, because we got to enjoy the hotel on our own without worrying for getting infected. The hotel staff meticulously disinfect every nooks and crannies of the building.

The first night, we book a 4 course dinner at Ritz Carlton Cancun, Fantino Restaurant. There were few customers and the restaurant was too spacious for us. We had a sumptuous and delightful dinner. We did enjoyed the ambiance and the superb services of the servers and waiters.

The second day we went to Tulum Beach. The place was so different compared to when I last came here. The bus ride was too long but we enjoyed the Tulum Beach. At least we were compensated for coming there and endured the gruelling bus ride. Hehehe. Tulum is more unexplored and the water ws pristinely turquoise and awfully warm. We like walking of the powdery white sand and basks of the cool breeze of the Caribbean Sea. The food was fresh and tasteful. Tulum has its own allure that we had to remember for sure.

The third day we went to Playa del Carmen and enjoyed the public beach. We rented and reclining chair and ate fresh seafoods with gusto. We also enjoyed watching cute and hunky guys passing by our side and mee some cool and friends gals. My cousin was really gregarious.

The fourth day we spent staying at the hotel and enjoyed the swimming pool at the rooftop. We also shopped at the nearbu Isla Mall and also walked to the public beach and checked out how it is. My cousin was a little under the weather. He got indigestion from eating too much raw seafoods.

Then in the afternoon, I flew back to Los Angeles with some majo setbacks. They told me that I was late and the plane had left me. I told them that I did not received any information that my flight was been changed. Good thing they found me another flight to fly straight to Los Angeles.

At least this vacation was been a good escape from our busy nursing life in Los Angeles and Long Beach respectively. I've been working with extra shifts since May and I am really burned out from too much work and overtime. Though they pay me good I'm still human and get tired.

I am glad I made this decision to unwind in Cancun, Mexico, enjoyed the beaches and foods and it had surely freshened me up. Hallelujah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment