Friday, December 30, 2016

Wanderlusting In Prague 2

November 13, 2013: We had a blast last night at the Karlovy Lazny Disco House. We went home around 0500H and we were tired from the long walks yesterday and the all night dancing last night. Today, the sun had been out so proudly and I am still cozied up on bed feeling the complications of over partying. Hahaha.

I woke up at 1300H and was a bit feeling heavy on my back but I still tried myself to get up and readied myself for another day of walking and going to most of Prague's undiscovered nooks and crannies courtesy of my newly found friend Lynn. Today, our agenda is to go to the National Palace and also see the St. Vitus Cathedral inside the palace grounds.

Me and Lynn decided to meet again at the Andel Station (our famous meeting place), and then started to waddle around Prague.

First stop was at the riverfront, we trekked the trails at the park and then headed at the side of the river, getting pictures of the scenic city on the other side and the train bridge the connect the south and north side of the city. There were ferries along the side and it added more stunning perspective to the city sights.

We stopped by at the Nursery Building where the black huge babies with no eyes were crawling and creeping at the park's ground. We snapped some pictures of them and then headed to the other side of the city walking across the bridge. we then walked uphill following Lynn's lead and we then stopped at another property to see some abstract metallic static of a male person peeing water resembling like a fountain. The structure had quite a lot of visitors having pictures of it as their memento of Prague.

From there, Lynn and I trailed uphill going to the palace and we stopped by at the foot of the hill to by Kurtoz (a coned bread) famous in Prague and Hungary. After that, we then hiked up the hill and stopped at the entrance of the back lot of the palace to see the stunning panoramic view of the city from the other side of the hill. All the brick colored roofs lining from down below made the scene so monochromatic and uniform. It was very pretty to look out.

From there, we then line up at the entrance and then started to get inside and see what's there to watch. When we entered the square we were being presented with the stunning back view of the St. Vitus Cathedral and it was gigantic from the distance. The tourists were very ecstatic having it seen and that includes me of course. We scoured the vicinity of the palace square and enjoyed the clean and wide area teeming with happy and surprised tourists.

We then walked towards the front of the cathedral and was presented with the huge entrance door as if the edifice was owned by a huge giant. The cathedral was closed at the time we were there at 1700H and the sun was slowly setting down making the enclosed fortification very gelid. We stayed there for a while and took selfies with the front side of the church.

After that we went to the front and took more pictures and then to the front gate. There were two national guards manning the entrance gate garbed in their Winter uniforms. I easily went to them and took a picture of them and with them. Then we went to the outside square where we saw another panoramic vies of the city.

We then went to the Starbuck's café that we went last night and took more pictures of the city's panoramic view from the wall fortifications on it's rooftop. Then we headed down the hill and followed the downhill street going to Charles Bridge. We crossed the bridge and checked out the Ice Pub.

Lynn bought me a ticket for the pub for me to experience a once in a lifetime adventure in an ice pub. Upon entering we were briefed about the experience which will only last for 15-minutes and then we were handed a poncho, glove mittens, and bonnet N(otional). After donning the ponchos we fall in line and then we went in. Then we have to line up at the bar to order our drinks in an ice glass. It was chilly inside but we looked like small kids having granted thousands of candies by the host. It was a surreal 15-minutes experience and I cannot forget it.

After the ice pub experience, I bought some souvenirs and then Lynn and I walked towards the Old Town Prague square where the astronomical clock is located. We walked towards there while we were talking about our past experiences. It was already dark and the city was illuminated by the post's lights which made it more dramatic.

Old Town Prague was teeming with tourists and the walk was kind of slow because of crowd. When we reached Old Town I was so mesmerized with the beauty of the famous Wenceslaus Square. It was so crowded but very beautiful at night. We locate the place where the astronomical clock was found and watched it chime as the nearest hour unfolds. It was very huge and pretty. We also went to the local wax museum called the Grevin Praha and met John Lennon and Marilyn Monroe there.

From there we kept walking at the business area of Prague called the Oxfordshire at Na Prikope Street near the Musket Station. we went to the huge toy store called "The Hamleys". It was a very huge toy store with wide choice of toys and some fun things to do, There's also a carousel in the middle of the store and a big slide that goes from the top floor to the bottom. It was fun to be there playing with huge teddy bears all over the place.

After Hamleys we decided to call it quits because it's getting darker and agreed on the time to meet the following day at the Andel Station. I asked Lynn to just leave me at the Musket Station and from there we separated ways.

I looked for a restaurant from near there and found this quite fancy restaurant called Kavarna Adria near the Mustek Station and ordered a 3-course meal which I enjoyed well. After dinner I went back to the hotel and rest all throughout the night.

November 14, 2016: The following day, I woke up early at 0800H and readied myself for the day. It was quite drizzling outside and very cold. I am adamant to go out but Lynn and I had agreed to met at 1200H at the same meeting place at Andel station. So that means that if I left at 0900H I still have three more hours to roam the city.

I was planning to go back to the Old Town to see how it is during the day time cuz last night when we went there the square was illuminated with colorful lights and was very stunning at night. So I planned to go back there to see how pretty it is during the day.

When I left the hotel at 0815H from Florenc Station the rain had abated a bit but the time I got out of Mustek Station the drizzle had appeared again. Even though it was drizzling I still have time to take beautiful pictures of thhe Oxfordshite area.

I retraced the trails we've had last night and I ended up seeing the same views, the Hamleys, the Passage Tower, the Wenceslaus Square, ye Tyne Church, and the Astronomical clock. The square was filled with people, tourists and revelers alike. I strolled around it for a hundredth times trying to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the architectural buildings in every corner. I was feeling the beauty of the whole area for quite a time until I realized that I have to meet Lynn at the Andel Station.

I hurried immediately tracing the way I took before going back to Mustek Station. The drizzle had already gone and the sun had quite peeped out against the huge cumulus skies of Old Town Prague. It was already 1200H when I got to Mustek Station and I had a feeling that I will be late again. Poor Lynn she's always waiting for me at our meeting place.

Seeing Lynn will be another round of walking a lot but it's okay for me because it's more healthy for me and Lynn. When I got out of Andel Station, Lynn was already there standing at the same spot where we met before, standing crossing her slender legs, garbed in a brown jacket and white leggings and brown knee high boots. she looks so trendy every time we meet. She's always an eye catcher.

Upon meeting I greeted her and I asked where we're heading but she just smiled and told me it was a surprise. Without any luck of knowing where we're going, I just followed her where she'll took me and of course we talked a lot as we walk along.

I think we went eastward of the city, passing the huge beer brewery, towards the riverbanks and from there she brought me near the river and shore out a plastic full of bread. We were there to feed the ducks and upon taking out the bread from the plastic bag, the ducks from the other side crossed the river in a jiffy trying to join the other ducks for a feast.

It was a riot when all of the ducks came and quacking at us. Some were stealing bread from the plastic bag, ripping the bag off and spilling some of the bread on the ground. After that they all rushed at us and each one dove of the spilled bread. Lynn was also taking pictures of me enjoying the company of the ducks. It was a very different experience spending some precious moments with the ducks at the river. Only in Prague, that I experienced such beautiful and unforgettable memory. Thanks to my newly found friend Lynn. She sure knows where to bring me around Prague.

After feeding the ducks we continued to other destination. We crossed the river through the train bridge and then continued up the hill going to an isolated church atop the hill which is the Vysehrad Church with a very beautiful cemetery. In my observation people who got buried there were somehow connected with music. It was a very beautiful cemetery and we really enjoyed our time from there.

Lynn had told me there that she had a fondness of cemetery. She confided to me that to her the cemetery is a library for her where she can read some of the beautiful verses in every tomb she finds there. This cemetery that we went was very clean and organized. It's just a small cemetery but very tidy. We stayed there for a while taking some good pictures for our memory albums. We had a nice time there and we had bonded well.

The sun had started to set down so we decided to leave trekking the side of the hill passing a small park with some colorful fallen leaves on the ground. Upon seeing the pretty hues of the fallen leaves, I cannot held myself, ran to the park, collected some leaves and lay down on it like a soft bed. I was so ecstatic like a child upon seeing it and Lynn was just laughing at me, telling how childish I am. She helped taking pictures of me laying on a bed of colorful leaves. It was fun!

Then from there we went to the side of the hill and checked out the panoramic view of Prague from there. It was a breath taking view and we just can't stop saying our oohhs and aahhs. We looked like two crazy people enjoying the beautiful view of Prague at sunset unfolding in front of us. We also took a lot of pictures from there.

We also met a traveler from that spot and she was also from another city but was now currently living in Goa, India. She was there for a show and she invited us to come see it sometime. We told her that we love to come but I honestly told her that I am leaving tonight and that it was too late for me. We exchanged information and emails so that we can correspond to each other and Lynn was very friendly to her.

After talking with our new friend, the sun gradually set down and the weather had became quite nippy and the breeze of the air was really gelid. There were some sleet of ice on the pavement and a superficial cover of powdery snow on the grasses.

We went down the hill and went back to the train bridge to cross the river and then went back to the brewery and head back to the city until we reached the mall at Andel Station where I told Lynn that I needed to buy an adapter of my camera charger which I left at the hotel in Vienna.

I then bade good bye to Lynn and thanked her for her help and unselfish company. We hugged each other and swore to correspond to each other. It was a very fulfilling last day in Prague and I couldn't be more thankful to Lynn for showing me off the city. Without her I might probably bending on my trying to find myself in this very fascinating magical country.

I then went back to the hotel and readied my luggage for another long trip to Bratislava. I couldn't brace myself for another unpredictable journey but oh well everything is a challenge. I just couldn't wait what will unfold ahead and I am ready for it. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment