Monday, October 20, 2014

Trips To Moscow And Paris

October 19, 2014 (Sunday): I left Los Angeles with a heavy heart because of what had happened at the job the previous day. I resigned as a nurse supervisor because of a rift with my Director of Nursing. So in order for me to focus on my trip I opted to resign and will just take care of the problem when I come back. I just don't want to think something when I'm gone so it's much better to left and clear my mind of some blame. It was a hard decision but I have to do it. Maybe this is the time when I needed to face another avenue in my life.

I called a taxi to drop me at the airport after I spoke to my landlord and left him some instructions about my dog. I was still numb about the resignation but I have to brush it off because of this very important journey. I arrived at the airport two hours before the departure. I still have time to check in and it went smoothly. I also went through past the security line without any problems. I then located the gate for the boarding and then waited for it to start.

We boarded the plane at 1625H and then we left at exactly 1700H. My Armenian seat mate was very nice giving me the aisle seat because I needed it for my frequent bladder problems. We taxied the tarmac and then flew smoothly to Moscow Sheremtyevo International Airport for exactly 11 hours and 40 minutes.

We arrived it Moscow the following day October 20, 2014 at 1540H. It was snowing at the airport in Moscow. The grounds were covered with thin layers of white powdery snow and it was cold there. I have to wait for 4 hours and 30 minus at the airport for my connecting flight to Paris.

When I was at the airport in Moscow I have a little funny experience there. Right afterI got out of the Aeroflot plane flying from Los Angeles I felt that I needed to use the restroom. I went in the first rest room I saw. When I went in the room I saw only stalls and no urinals. So I went in one of the stalls and used it. When I was sitting on the bowl I realized that they have this covered stalls for a men's restroom. That was odd!

When I was done I went out of the stall and realized all the people coming it to use it were women. Oh no I went in the women's restroom. I immediately washed my hands and went out there in a jiffy. All the women were looking at me and were not even surprised that I was in their restroom. Maybe because I look like a woman because of my long hair. Hahaha! That was very embarrassing and funny.

October 20, 2014 (Monday): After waiting for four and a half hours at Sheremtyevo International Airport in Moscow, at Gate 40in Terminal E, we were called to board Air France flight 475 gong to Paris. There were only few people flying to Paris and the plane was not that really full. The plane left at 1945H and we were on air for four and a half hours. It was a slightly bumpy flight but a safe one.

We arrived at Charles de Gaulle Airport at 2300H and it was already very old there. The airport appears like a ghost airport because there were not much people there. I after going through the immigration and retrieved my luggage I went to look for a money changer but they were already closed. So I decided to go out of the airport and look for a taxi to drive me to my hotel in Montmartre. I told that driver that I don't have euros so he stopped me first to the nearest ATM station and there I withdraw some euros enough to pay the taxi hen he drove me to Rue Rochechouart where my hotel is located.

We finally located the hotel so I paid the taxi and then went up to the hotel and checked in. After getting the keys to the room I went in and then retired to sleep because I was very very tired from the seventeen hours trip plus the lay-over time. It was a very tiring trip and I took my much needed rest and sleep after I got in the room. I didn't even have the chance to ask the receptionist about the WiFi password because I was in a hurry to just retire.

All in all in was a very safe trip with no problems at all. I arrived safely and soundly in Moscow and Paris with some minor setbacks but all in all I was fine. Thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment