Saturday, February 1, 2014

Heart Month

It seems that February was been creeping in smoothly. After the hustled celebration of the Chinese New Year in Los Angeles Chinatown, celebrating the year of the wooden horse, another event is coming soon. Valentine's is already in the air and groceries, malls, even workplaces were been adorned with red and pink, the color of love.

February is the most anticipated month as well because of Valentine's day. For me, not that quite because I am loveless. Two years ago was the best Valentine's Day I ever had because I spent it with someone that had made me special for quite a while. I spent it in Guanajuato, Mexico with my then boyfriend Ricky and that was the most memorable Valentine's ever. We made a road trip to Guanajuato state in Mexico. That was also the most enjoyable trip I've ever had. But sad to say those were past.

At this moment, I have no inspiration either. My relationship with Ricky didn't last long. The guy had siezed communicating or responding to my calls and messages until the relationship had dwindled to oblivion. The nuances of the relationship was been apparent as the time passed by plus the distance factor had greatly affected the relationship. Besides, I have a premonition that the relationship will not last either because of the distance factor. I don't know, I am just a person that doesn't believe about long distance relationship.

I cannot deny the fact that it works for some couples but it is very obvious for me that our relationship doesn't work. Well, what could you expect about gay relationship? You know a guy-to-guy relationship is just a temporary relationship I guess. That's just my opinion and don't quote me with it.

There is no permanence I guess. I might be wrong, but that's just my opinion. It could work to some but how many percent you think among the gay population that a very intimate relationship had worked...... a little percentage, right?

But anyway, at least I have a taste of being in love and that's the important thing for me. However, I am still hopeful that my knight in a shining armor will come someday and intrigue me. But tome it's not impossible. There is no impossibility if you believe but I am still skeptical about that.

I am a person raised with some certain principles and values and that values had greatly influenced me to be reserved and testy about certain situations such like heart matters. It's really pathetic for me to really push myself for this guy-guy relationship but it never hurts if I try, right. At least I got to feel it sometimes even for just a short time despite of the imminent danger to get hurt.

I guess love and hurt are symbiotic. They both go together. It just all depends on the severity it will cause to a person. Some may have it mild, moderate, severe, or excruciating (the one that really really hurts). Hahaha..... sounds like a pain assessment to me. I can still visualize the Wong-Baker Faces (a tool used by a nurse in assessing for pain for non-verbal patients).

Anyways, February sso they say is the heart month. It is the month where there is million shades of red. It can shed the aura of romanticism and spill the aroma of love in the air. It's nice that people devote a month to celebrate love. It also reminds us about cupid who used his arrow to pierce the hearts of those people who are in love. And also the beauty of Aphrodite or Venus who is dubbed a the mythological goddess of love. There were a lot of versions and I love all of them. Hahaha.

Valentine's is not just being celebrated with a boyfriend or a special someone. It can also be celebrated with your close families whom you love. Remember it is a love month, so whoever you love whether a family or friend is also included in the celebration. Love is the most powerful weapon that can unite everybody. It creates peacefulness and orderliness in everything. Our relationship with God was triggered by love for God so love mankind that He send Jesus Christ for us to be redeemed from sin.

So as we celebrated the heart month let use reconsider all these factors and celebrate it peacefully and meaningfully. Despite you are in love or loveless still Valentine's will pass smoothly and color the environment red and full of "amore" in the air. Happy heart month to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment