Saturday, September 14, 2013

Multitasking

Yeah... as a modern person, things needed to be adaptive. Adapting to changes in the environment must be an innate quality. Can't think of something else that made me invincible but things came out so well most of the time. Performing some tasks sometimes entails a lot of talent and creativity and it is quite challenging, mind-boggling, funny, anxiety-provoking, easy, hard, and a lot of superlatives you can think of....

Driving on the busy and crowded major freeways or super highways of Los Angeles can be boring. And I've been quite very multitasking inside the car just trying to beat up the nagging traffic. I'm quite very prolific on what I do and I didn't quite dig it most of the time. Driving is a one task that needs a lot of focus. Paying attention on the road is of paramount importance so as not to get involve in any accident that can be very devastating when it happens.

I can't believe myself doing a lot of things while I'm driving when the traffic was at its greatest peak. Driving and listening to music can be very relaxing as well as can lose your focus and concentration especially when I'm magically drawn into the music. Sometimes I can mislook somebody honking on me because I might have cut them at the wrong time. It's very dangerous.

Listening to classical-soothing-soft music was my number one passion and I have been doing that while I am driving most of the time. Paying attention to the details of the classical music was my forte trying to identify what kind of instrument is beeing played, blended, and mixed. I am always in awe especially when the music titillates my inner senses and core. And that really will put me in a trance or out-of-this-world haze thus forgetting that I am driving actually. It is very scary!

How much more if I added meditating while driving and listening to classical music. Hell yeah.... it is very scary indeed. I think I've been reciting the rosary lately while driving and listening to the classical music at the same time. Odd huh? Upon exiting on I-10 taking an eight-mile stretch going to I-405 was a drag. It took me more than thirty minutes to get out of that stretch every morning going to my clinical site in Playa del Rey.

That little stretch was the slowest traffic I've ever encountered every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday morning. So in order to beat the nagging boredom and irrevocable suffering of the perceptible effects of coming tardy to work, I intently focused myself concentrating to pray the rosary everyday, multitasking while driving and listening to soothing classical music. It had worked sometimes.

It just amazed me how wonderful the brain functions, absorbing all those untoward and inevitable stimuli. Listening, driving, moving, praying, picking my nose, blinking, singing, sneezing, fidgeting, holding the rosary, stepping on the gas and break pedals, looking side to side, looking over the side and rear view mirrors, feeling my numb feet on the pedals, shifting my weight from side to side, adjusting the volume of the radio, trying to check my notifications on Facebook, and a lot of things to do. It's kind of hella crazy.....

Well, now I realized that doing all those things while driving was quite a scary thought, which might endangered my life or someone else's life. I once was caught by a police holding my phone trying to lower down the volume of the music which I had connected on the car's sound system. And I got ticketed for a wrong offense of texting while driving which cost me $258.00 as penalty.

I tried to contest the charge and until now it's still being litigated. It was a pain but having someone stepped on my rights had given a big toll on me. That policeman was biased because he didn't even gave me a chance to explain myself. He just shunned me inside my car, moved to the back of my car, scribbled something on his clipboard, and flashed me the charged ticket which I obediently took. Shame on me though .....

Well, lessons learned from the past and still will have more lessons on the way. General rule is, don't multitask while driving because it can divide your attention and will put you in grave danger as well as lots of trouble you can't imagine of. Don't imitate me because I myself doesn't know what I am doing sometimes. I am not a superhero so I am also extremely vulnerable to anything else as well as any challenges, which I will honestly or hesitantly accept.

Learn everyday and try to internalize what you've learned. Don't just leave it in a corner as if nothing had happened. Don't just ignore it but face it boldly and end up victorious in the end. Always explore the meaning and consequences of all your actions and for sure you'll be going somewhere, where you'll experience blissfulness and feel big someday. Aim high and not just be contented of the effects of the present because there's still a future for us to experience and enjoy our most prized freedom.

I think I'm quite straying from my main ideas......... uh-huh... might probably multitask again. Haist... I have it though but when I lost my focus, something bad will happen. Geez... I super super hate it when that happens. Oh well, I must have cut back on my multitasking practices from now on for it won't give me any good. What d'ya think.... huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment