Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Foiled Rim Job

Last Tuesday I left my car at the Toyota dealership because one of the tire in the front right keeps getting flat after several days of having it filled up with air. It kind of puzzled me because it's always on that side all the time. It's been like more than a year already.

Last April when I left for my 14-day vacation to Mexico, I wasn't surprise to come back with a flat front right wheel. It always happens like that and I suspected that something might be wrong of the tire or maybe the rim. I had my four tires changed last December and the problems still persisted until now.

Not until I made a drastic decision last week and had the car dropped off at the dealer to have it examined and diagnosed. After few hours I got the result. They've told me that the front right rim was broken and that they needed to order the new rim and had it sent to the company that can chrome it. They've told me that they will call me once the job is done.

They've arranged me the rental car while having my car sitting at the dealership because it is not advisable for the car to be driven because of the problem. And I have to pay the rental car because they've told me that the damage was self inflicted and not due to factory defect. I didn't see this coming but I have to face it.

It's been past a week already that I had the car left there and until now the chances of having my car back is really non apparent. The agent just called me today that the chrome company was been overbooked this week so it may take another week for it to be done. Like I'm tongue-tied upon knowing it.

I know it only takes few days for the rim to be available but it took several days for them to do it just because my car's rim is chrome? I don't know about it. But oh well, I think there's something fishy about it. But oh well, shit happens.

I'm just not happy about this and yes I am frustrated about this foiled rim job. Dealership always takes advantage of their customers and I myself is helpless because I have nowhere to go to ask for second opinion. My car was been pampered ever since I bought it on day one and I don't want something to happen to it now that I had it for seven years.

It just sucks though that I'm still fanatical about the care of my car but honestly that car was been very pampered. And now, I am suffering about the consequences of having it taken cared of well. I am crushed though that the dealership was been taking advantage of my naïve situation.

Haist.... what should I do? I am not really ready for this. But oh well, I will give them few more days again. Hopefully, they will expedite the process. Crossing my fingers a thousand times. Huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment