Monday, April 22, 2013

Aftermath Of The Bombing In Boston

Last week I was so busy teaching and has no time watching he news about the bombing in Boston during the marathon held the previous weekend. I was very engrossed with my job but I am all ears with the news. Initially, I was saddened about the tragedy involving the boy who died during the bombing as well as the three others who died and the others who got affected especially the wounded and their families.

This country had suffered much about terrorism but amidst the chaos I can see the unity of the people to solve the issue. After the bombing people were clueless about the perpetrators but because of the cameras around the area and the tenacity of the one victim, who in his coma had woke up and cooperate with the authorities to picture out the image of one of the bombers. It was a week long surveillance and at the end the perpetrators were caught and apprehended after a massive manhunt.

It was a gruelling week for all the Bostonians despite of being instructed by the authorities to stay in their houses and be on the look out, and their city was been on a lock out, as well as the transportation was been paralyzed for several days preventing the terrorist to get past from the city and go somewhere else. It was a brilliant idea though by the authorities and it totally worked out. Impressive indeed!

I don't know what's the motive of the two Chechen brothers but the questions still remains in my mind. What was their reason to carry out such heinous crime? Why do they have so much hate to Americans? What was the bottom line on all of these? It was a lot of puzzle that I needed to solve but looking at their pictures, these youngsters appears clueless and innocent. Their images could be deceiving but still there's still a lot of doubts in my mind. I was thinking this was just hyped up by the media.... and still more doubts.

Not until I've seen and heard from the news the following day of the bombing when their pictures were being flashed on the television screens, that had triggered them to come out of their hiding place and were being tracked by the authorities. They had carried out several unacceptable crimes like killing a university security police, hijacked his car, and robbed a 7-11 store. Then I concluded that they were both guilty.

The elder brother was been shot dead after a shoot out with the authorities and the younger brother had escaped but eventually was found and caught after being discovered hiding under a tarp in a boat and was in critical condition because of a massive blood loss. Thank God the mayhem was done but still the fear that had thrived in the hearts of the Bostonians was still confusing them and had left them some unanswered questions about the real cause of the bombing.

I was also angry at the boys Aunt because she was campaigning that maybe he boys were been framed up by the authorities but her eyes was not really open by what her nephews had done to the people of Boston as well as the whole country. I am also saluting the uncle for condemning the two boys actions as "acts of devil" and that he was ashamed of what they have done. I just can't believe him for disowning the two boys because he was embarrassed of their actions, but it was just sad that it had to come to this situation. The father in Russia was also in shock and just couldn't believe that his boys had done this horrible actions but he was sorry about it.

Well, as a mere bystander or shall we say worldly audience, it was really sad that these things happens in our society. I just couldn't fathom "why there is so much hatred in these boys hearts?" What really triggered them to do such heinous crimes? It was really confusing to me why they have to resort to such an enormous violence to cause chaos in the society? Why? and there's more whys....

I am glad this was over and I hope the young boy will soon gave us the answers that I needed to know once he will be discharge from the hospital. I have my own judgment about why they did this but it is still premature for me to divulge it here. I know we all soon learn why it happened but honestly I know every one of us has his own assumptions about their motives. There were a lot of talks about it in the news, in the community, at work, etc. but I was just an avid listener to it. I never drew out my conclusions yet. But whatever it is, bottom line is the doer was caught and we all soon know what was their motive.

It must be painful to wait for it but we have to be patient. As the community of Boston heals all we have to do is pray and hope that this tragic event will not happen again in the future. We must be more vigilant enough to prevent this things to happen in our society. Thanks for reading my opinions and observations and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment