Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Watching Globe Trekker

Yeah.... I woke up early this morning because of the reason that I am tired lying down on my bed already. I was off yesterday but I spend the whole day sleeping because I was working the previous night. I also slept the whole night that's why I woke up so over relieved and I felt good to exercise.

I went to the gym right after I changed after I woke up and also brought the water jug because I needed to fetch water which I procrastinated doing it for four days because I was so lazy maybe as well as super tired because of the back-to-back schedule I had from the school and the hospital. Whew.... it was really a hectic schedule.

I am glad that I wasn't been teaching now so I got a three days off and will be back to the clinical site on Thursday and Friday. In as much as I needed this days off greatly I really felt so bummed out, I don't know why. I mean I felt so lazy to move and do things as well as doing the chores. Even fetching water from the nearby water station really doesn't motivate me at all. I look so pathetic!

I went to the gym feeling so down but I know I have to do it. I run for forty-five minutes then biked for half an hour. I also did some thigh presses and chest squeezes but I felt that I was just there physically but not mentally. After three hours I left the gym and finally dragged myself fetching water from the nearby water station because it is within a near distance from the gym.

I went home but still felt so tired and lazy. I opened the TV and browsed my DVR and saw "Dancing With The Stars All Stars" which was recorded last night so I watched it with amusement for a while. The dances were more difficult and pressured because there will be two people being eliminated tonight.

After watching "Dancing With The Stars All Stars" I also clicked the "Globe Trekker Episode" which I recorded last week. I love travel shows so I kind of watched this episode featuring the countries of Panama and Colombia and lay on the couch listening to the lady describing her experiences when she was in Panama City and Colombia.

I never knew that Panama City is a beautiful country. She showed her shopping travels in Panama City and I was so fascinated with the episode where she bought some fedora like hats which Panama is famous of. The whole city of Panama City looks so progressive and pretty.

I was touched about her experience in Portobello and the islands of Kuna Yala, Carti, and San Blas where she met another indigenous group of people there. Her experiences in the Panama Canal was also interesting and educational because the guy who toured her at the canal was very informative explaining how Panama Canal was made and operating. It was very interesting as well as educational to watch.

From Panama the lady boarded a plane and flew to Bogota, Colombia. She expressed that the presence of armies around the city had made her safe despite that Colombia was been known around the world to be a not so safe place to tour and roam. But the lady had explained that it's just about how a tourist can prevent herself or himself encounter some trouble in another place. What I mean is that precautions should be taken into an urgent consideration.

The episode of the coat factory owner showing her some of the bulletproof jackets was also interesting. The coat factory owner had demonstrated in front of her how safe were those coats or jackets are by demonstrating in her midst through shooting one of the owner's factory worker wearing a sample jacket and I saw how the bullet was flattened after he shot the factory worker wearing the jacket. The worker was also safe and did not incurred any injury at all. Interesting huh!

From her travels she explained her various memorable and remarkable travels and experiences when she went to the city of Cartagena (one of the beautiful city in Colombia), the town of Medelin, the poblacion of Magdalena, the town of Santa Marta, and the infamous Lost City. It was quite interesting because I was so amazed about her travels to The Lost City riding a donkey with a group of men starting from Santa Marta, going to Machete, traveling until Mutanahl Village, until they arrived to most seek and sought Lost City. She also indicated how much she spend in going to the lost city which appears a little costly.

When she arrived at The Lost City..... it looks so pretty over there. It's just like she went to the Incas on top of the mountain. The area was huge and looks like the Machu Picu in Peru. It was the seat of an Indian Civilization in Colombia before the Spaniards came there. Her travels culminated there in The Lost City until she was hoisted by a helicopter back to Santa Marta and to Bogota. It was a very good documentation of her travels and I learned a lot from it.

I hope that in the future I can also travel there and appreciate all the places that she went. How I wish I could do extensive traveling again like I did in Southern Europe last year. Hopefully when I can save up some enough money I wish to travel to Brazil and roam around Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro which I often heard from my Brazilian landlord as a better place to go. I am studying the map of Brazil now and was exploring some good places to go there.

This December I was planning to go back to Mexico because I still believed that I needed to scour more beautiful places there especially the ones near the Yucatan Jungle and the Guadalajara area as well as the surrounding cities. If God permits I will be traveling everyday of my life but because of my responsibilities to myself and to my little nieces and nephews I am bound to work rather than doing pleasure traveling.

Of course I will mix work and travel to make my life more interesting. It would be boring if I just work work work and not enjoy myself at all. I say I will be bummed out if all I did was just work and not play some times. That's why I needed to adjust my time also and make myself rested through my travels. Hopefully next year I will achieve this travel goals I had. God will bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment