Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cooking Stuffed Peppers

Cooking for me is a past time and I am very good at it. I love cooking a lot and it helps me divert myself from boredom. It is a good past time as well as it enhanced my creativity in using ingredients that are affordable as well as the ones that are already in the fridge. It just take a little resourcefulness then a sumptuous meal will be ready soon.

Having learned cooking from my very meticulous father when I was little it is still reverberating in my senses some of the techniques he taught me on how to slice this vegetable, peel this kind of fruit, saute this kind of meat, or even braise this kind of fowl. He was very keen in every thing I do that's why I have to be careful in what I do in front of him. He's a sort of a perfectionist in a good way though.

Today I am preparing stuffed peppers. I am using the mildly spicy Anaheim Peppers instead of the usual sweet Poblano Peppers. Firstly, I have to grill three big Anaheim peppers (since I am the only one eating so I opted to cook three) until the skin is black and peeling. Then skin the pepper and set aside until clean. Wash with salt water then dry with paper towel.

Then open the middle part and remove the seeds inside then stuff the inner part with three light mozzarella sticks then dip in an egg batter with garlic salt and roll on a bread crumbs then fry until brown. Set aside in a paper towel to absorb all the oils then drizzle with a pinch of ground pepper and garlic salt.

Once dry, open the middle part again and stuff with shredded light cheddar cheese then pop the peppers in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes until the cheese is melted and the pepper is crunchy. Then voila you've got the most tasty and delicious stuffed mildly spicy Anaheim peppers. It's a good and delicious menu everyone can afford and prepare. Not too heavy but very good to the body.

The capsaecin in the peppers helps stimulate appetite as well as it is a good antioxidant to the body. It also stimulates the production of saliva in the mouth thereby rehydrating the oral cavity all the time. Capsaecin also helps combat oral cancer, peptic ulcers, and colon and intestinal cancers.

Here is the picture of the stuffed peppers that I have cooked. Hope you all will like it. I really enjoyed eating one with ketchup and sautéed caramelized onions. Yum!


Cooking is a good outlet for me to unwind sometimes and I have to make sure that I am prepared with everything I need by planning out ahead of time what to cook and what to do. Sometimes if time won't permit and the ingredients are not readily available then I have to be resourceful to make things happen. There are some various alternatives sometimes and I have to take that way in order to realize what I am planning.

Sometimes cooking is just life. We have to plan and get ready for everything. Plans could be altered but we have to be flexible enough on what is readily available. It also allows us to be resourceful in every thing we do just like cooking. It's just amusing to me that in whatever I do I can associate life with it because what we do and what we accomplish entails a lot of planning and preparation just like when we are cooking and preparing food.

Hope you like this article just like the stuffed peppers I've cooked and prepared for you. Thank you for your kind patronage. Until next cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment