Saturday, November 12, 2011

Leaving Paris Behind

November 2, 2011: Well, it was a cold Wednesday morning in Paris and it's 0500H. I woke up early because we will be checking out from the hotel at 0600H and then Doreen will drop me off at CDG airport.

It was still dark at 0600H in Paris and the morning misty fog are still apparent. My feelings of leaving Paris was kind of mixed from being numb to excited. I just couldn't explain and contain what I felt and it still didn't settle in me that I am ending my trip in few hours.

We took the subway to get the train going to CDG airport and my effort of pushing my luggages was making me tired which gave me a very important lesson to travel light next time. It's so awkward to pushed luggages into the train but oh well I saw several people doing it either. I think the train is more convenient and cheaper compared to the taxi and plus the fact that the train stops on each terminal in CDG.

Now I have to rehearse my lines whe I bade goodbye to Doreen later on. It's poignant to have it ended and leaving a close friend behind. I have to face the reality that this is always expected when someone is leaving. My heart aches and bleeds thinking of it and while the train is nearing the airport.

Every minute seems like hours and seconds like minutes. As I am near the final hour the more is gets slower. It is prolonging my agony yet this is reality at it's best.

We arrived at Terminal 1 and Doreen waited until 0730H before she left because she needs to catch her train in going back to Aix-en-Provence in time for her consultation with her primary physician.

We drank coffee for the last time then we hugged and kissed each other for the last time. Then off she go to catch her train. I know she left with a heavy heart but I am praying she will be okay.

I came early at CDG and the check-in time for my airline is not yet started and they told me to wait one more hour before the check-in time kicks in. When the check-in time was lifted I went in line and got cleared.

The tedious inspection at the entrance was very strict and I am very anxious to go home now. Pass the security I have to go to the next building for the boarding area. I waited for another hour-and-a-half to get boarded.

When the airplane taxied the tarmac and took off I knew that this is the end of my trip and now I am going home to face reality. The flight was 10 hours long and boring, my butt got sore from too much sitting, and my eyes just won't open because I am extremely tired. I only woke up when food is served and then went back again to sleep to recover my energy.

We arrived at Washington Dulles International Airport at 1600H and we were inspected by the immigration. I got out quickly then transferred to my next flight to Los Angeles. Another 6 hours of long, tiresome, and boring flight.

We arrived in Los Angeles at 1830H Pacific Standard Time and I finally realized that I am home now. I Facebooked Doreen that I already arrived and she responded immediately.

Looking back, for me this trip was a soul searching trip, giving me a lesson to value friendship over time and money. I am glad Imade this decision to vacation and visit my best friend.

I enjoyed every moment of it and I am so grateful everything went good and great as planned. Welcome back to Los Angeles, Tonee!

No comments:

Post a Comment