Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trip Back to Paris

October 10, 2011: Hi guys! It's been a long time that I haven't blog here. My apologies for that. No offense but I am always busy with work juggling two jobs at a time. I don't know why I am killing myself. May be I was just saving for the rainy days. Hope you'll understand.

But anyway, I am back here and I am on my three weeks sojourn to Europe. So I hope I can have so much time blogging off my adventures here just like before. And I hope I will enjoy it, away from the worries of work and the harsh realities of life in Los Angeles living alone away from the family.

I embarked on my journey on a cold morning of October 10, 2011 in Los Angeles International Airport settling my luggages and myself at the United Airlines check-in counter bound for a three hour flight to O'Hare International Airport in Chicago. I waited for an hour lay-over in Chicago and boarded a Continental Airlines 747 plane bound for an almost eight hour flight going to Charles De Gaul International Airport in Paris, France.

My excitement was mixed with apprehensions because right before I left Los Angeles I received a bad news that my big sister had a very messy and bitter divorce and she needed my help badly especially the financial help. I promised to help her but it seems that it was a bad timing because I was all set up for my long vacation. But even though I'm still worried about her and my nieces' and nephew's situation.

Despite of this big problem awaiting for me when I come back to Los Angeles I am still eager to make a very memorable and unforgettable adventure. I don't know where am I going in Paris but one thing for sure, me and my dear friend Doreen will go to Greece. So Greece here I come, Greece honey!

On the plane to Paris my seat was far at the back which even aggravated my apprehension because I hate sitting at the tail of the plane. I was about to complain at the flight attendant but when I saw my blue-eyed blonde young seat mate I immediately brushed off the idea.

I sheepishly located my seat and say hi to my handsome seat mate which he replied with a gorgeous warm smile, winking ice-blue-eyes, and a nice baritone "Hello!" Deep inside, I was melting and giggling but I still managed to act professionally and not to be too obvious. The flight went smoothly while we occasionally talked about work and other things related to life.

When we get to Paris we said our goodbyes and I thanked him for being so nice and a good conversationalist and glib talker. He told and hinted me what places to see in Paris and he occasionally talked to me in French which sounds like a sweet chirping nightingale to my ears.

I then claimed my luggages at the baggage claim area and then headed outside to wait for Doreen who is apparently on her way from Aix-en-Provence. I waited there for almost an hour and then she finally showed up looking so harassed from brushing her elbows trying to beat the traffic. She told me that her train got derailed because one of the train cables got damaged. I told her not to worry about it.

We then headed to take the train out of the airport and got out at Clamart where Arnou is waiting to pick us up. It was a very happy reunion. Arnou took us to his apartment after some welcome hugs and kisses and drop us off there while he went back to work. At last I was back to Paris in good hands and met my good friends Doreen and Arnou for the second time.

I was happy to be back here at this very romantic and illuminating city famous for it's bright lights and lovable people. I can't wait to venture again on it's busy streets and enjoy this cold gloomy weather.

Where else in the world I should be? Paris..... here I am the second time around. Oh how I wish I could live here permanently to escape the busy and harsh reality of my Los Angeles life. Can't complain because I am here now. Who knows what's in store for me here in three weeks. I am ready for what ever it is and what ever it takes. Let the journey begin my dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment