Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Retrospection Of My Sojourn

It seems that my vacation will commence in a few days and as I got near to the end of it my stay here in Manila gets more boring because I have no places to go and see anymore.

Nah.... I'll take that back. Actually, there's still a lot to see and explore but it's just boring to have gone there by myself without even having somebody to talk to or yack at. I know I am always used to being alone but traveling to a certain place indeed needs something to talk with and share information with each other so that the vacation will be more interesting.

My vacation in totality was a very long one.... imagine spending one month, traveling everywhere.... even in some parts of Asia like Singapore and Hongkong. But as I culminate my vacation soon, I left this unforgettable memories I've experienced all through those very hectic thirty days in my subconscious mind as well as documented it through beautiful and candid pictures I've snapped in my portable camera.

I also had spent some precious quality time with my families, friends, and high school classmates when I went home in my hometown. A time to be with them and enjoy their precious company was very fulfilling and had completed my journey. It was an icebreaker from the gruelling flights I've made and the panicked situations I've experienced on each eve of the flights.

Yet.... I was so blessed to have done it despite of my demanding work and hectic schedules. It's always best to escape work amidst the piles of paperworks and undone reports and grade sheets. Hehehe. Such a perfect timing!

But my vacation had to continue thereby freezing some of my needed paperworks is just appropriate. Now I can foresee what's been waiting for me when I will be back in Los Angeles. I know there will be a lot of things to be taken cared of when my foot starts to land in Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

I can't wait to download all the pictures I have taken during my month long travels and sojourn in the Philippines. I just can't wait to share them to a lot of my friends and families online which I've maintained a wide array of correspondence with them online especially through my Facebook account.

I can see and predict that my wall will be bombarded again with millions of well wishes and funny comments especially for some of those unguarded moments where I took the pictures. I just can't wait to have them downloaded!

I am contemplating now, alone in an Internet Cafe at Farmer's Market in Cubao about what to write here. I know two days from now I will leave Manila and will miss it again in quite some time. I made some stupid decisions along my month long travel and I hope I won't have to regret it someday.

During this vacay I have met several people which will be added to my wide array of online and email friends and I am so blessed to have met them along the way. I am still in search of myself here but I think I can manage myself to find it alone. Good luck to me!

At least my goal of getting home for my plans to close the loans of my two condominiums were been successful and productive so I can breathe easy now and have to spend and used some of my remaining time productively and accumulate more experiences to experience.

The setback though during this vacation was the erratic weather which had given a toll on my fragile health. The humidity and the excessive sweating had lowered my resistance I think and now I have this nasty nagging cough which always gave me a hard time to breathe. I hope it will go away before I leave the country. Aaaaah........ may be I needed rest now... in short it tells me to slow down now.

I also had enjoyed the company of my best friend Jessie Cordero for a long time before she left for Romania yesterday for a job there. At least we had spend a lot of quality and funny times although I think, the funny times were just overflowing and very abundant. It was never been a dull moment everytime I am with Jessie!

My stay in Malate at my best friend's apartment (Manang Nina) was also unforgettable and memorable. I think I have imprinted and left a lot of indelible memories in that apartment. Living in that four-cornered-wall two-storey-building will bring a lot of poignant experiences and stories to me.

My closeness with Rika, who's unexplainable beauty and innocence had titallated me once but the friendship and the close relationship was more filial. She is an adoring, intelligent (smart), and pretty young lady.

My times with the maid, Inday, who always pampered me with my early morning coffee and had washed my laundry clothes and made them smell good will not be forgotten either. For sure I will miss the early morning coffee when I go back to Los Angeles. Enough for the pampering!

And to all the friends I've meet during this whole month sojourn, I will surely miss all your company, laughters, and thoughts. I am very indebted and overwhelmed with all your individual and unselfish support and love. I will miss you all guys!

I just don't want to be teary-eyed before I close this blog so to all of you who was been a great part of this very productive vacation, thank you all for all your precious time! I will surely miss everyone and everybody!

Now I know the harsh reality of work will be waiting for me when I go back to Los Angeles. Waaah...... another two years to get busy before I'll go back here again. I know Philippines will never be the same again when I come back so I hope to be back here again pretty much soon.

But to me this vacation is not an end of my life but a new beginning for me at work when I come back in Los Angeles. It's always a cycle and we have to get used to the continuity of everything we do. Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment