Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thanks For A Successful Philippine Election

Hello guys! Even though I am in Aix-en-Provence, France I still kept myself updated about the recently concluded Philippine election from the news section of Yahoo News. I still feel that I am a Filipino at heart despite I changed my citizenship for my own benefit and future.

So far 78% of the election turnouts were been confirmed which is about close to 60% of the whole population in the Philippines. This shows that a lot of people had come out to exercise their very important right to vote for their leaders. That's a good result folks!

It seems that the trend hasn't been badgered for the Presidential and Vice Presidential race. Aquino III had a very comfortable margin against his opponents for the Presidential race while Binay and Roxas were still close although Binay was quite ahead from the latter for the Vice Presidential race.

Although the results were still not official it is still not a sure win for both. Things might still change along the way. Who knows!

But whoever wins, I hope that the country will become more better from its current situation. The Philippines was been plunging to extreme graft and corruption for more than so many years and still in a downward direction when regards to this matter.

Politicians were still known to not fulfill their promises after they got elected which resulted to the degradation of the virtue of "word of honor" or we all know as "palabra de honor". This is a rampant situation every now and then especially after elections and I hope this has to stop. The people are suffering so much as well as the country.

As for this time, I am thankful that the election was been successful despite of the low percentage turnouts, computer glitches, minimal violence, and obvious vote-buying tactics as claimed by some vigilant people from the reports and online threads of "Ibantay Mo, Ipatrol Ko" campaign.

The situation in Mindanao was been tightened because of reports of violence there but at least the toll of death was to a minimum compared to the previous elections that was been held before. Yet this election was probably claimed as the most successful and peaceful one in the context of less violence. And I am saluting all the Filipino people for cooperating despite of the slow run of the election process because of the glitches in the PCOS computer machines.

Way to go Filipinos! You must be proud of yourself for making a difference for yourself and for your country. You speak out of your freewill to exercise your most blessed rights which is "The Right To Suffrage" and I applaud you all for your extra efforts to maintain it peaceful to a maximum. Yay!

They were saying that the country will not progress if you Filipinos will not help hand in hand in its betterment. Eventhough how smart or good the person who will lead you if still you all as citizens will not cooperate and help out the government still the country will not rise up against the footsteps of the previous corrupt administration and the rubbles of poor economic condition and stagnant progress.

So my friends, it is high time now to wake up and support the goverment of the successor of the previous administration, whoever wins this election. Remember the previous administration had a lot of dirt left in the political arena and this will be inherited by the incoming administration. This means that the incoming administration will have a lot of work to do to achieve progress. And this will not be realized if all of you will just whine and complain.

It will take time for the incoming administration to clean it up so I appealed on you people to be not too whiny but to be patient in the progress of the resolutions of these problems. Instead of whining just get out there. Contribute your help on how to better our country as well as be active in every way. Change your mentality and not pull down other people who are helping the government succeed. This is the only way we can help this government and the country to become famous again. And I know we can make it and yes I believe we all can!

Hopefully all will be well and God will always bless our country and the Filipino people. I always believe that we as Filipinos are always resilient in every adversities we face in because I myself as Filipino (although naturalized American now) had experienced a lot of trials and hardships but still resilient in every way.

Fow now, as of May 11, 2010, I will keep updating myself about the current trends of the political situation there in the Philippines while I am enjoying and immersing the weather, food, crowd, and beauty of Aix-en-Provence.

I will go out today to check for the market day and shot more pictures for my online albums. Aix is a very nice place where beautiful people abounds. I love this place a lot! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment