Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Guts No Glory

Lately, I realized that my weight had ballooned to a 29.1 BMI. It was so alarming because the normal should be between 20 to 25. And I'm slightly over the normal range. Now I am high risk for a coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, and stroke. It's a very scary situation!

At forty going forty-one this is very very scary. At a very young age I am slightly overweight for my age. And I really need to lower my weight down as well as my BMI to at least a normal range to keep myself away from being a high risk from the diseases that I just enumerated above.

To start off, my goal number one is to exercise. Exercise will increase the body's metabolism and help degrade the calories that the body had accumulated. But it takes a lot of guts to do this. People just doesn't want to do this because it really gives a toll for the body and the results is not abruptly being seen. It needs to be done religiously to obtain good results. And for me I really don't have the motivation and patience to do it but right now I must do it.

Secondly, I must cut on my diet. So this means no soda, coffee, and sweets for me. I must eat balanced diet which comprise of the three food groups. I must drink plenty of water to flush off the waste out of my systems. What is wrong with me is that I don't have control with the food I put in my mouth. In short I have no discipline in eating and I must stop it as early  as possible. Just because I don't cook, then it's really tempting for me to eat unhealthy foods.

And thirdly, I must take enough sleep and rest. And also stay away from a lot of stressors that contributes for my lack of sleep.With my job full of stress, sleep is very very elusive and evasive. I worked graveyard shift most of the time and sometimes when I go home in the morning it's really hard to fall asleep. The most hours I could clock in to sleep is five hours and I'm happy for that. I'm always falling short in taking enough rest and sleep and I know it's really really bad for the body.

So with all these three goals I really have to put my determination, dedication, and accountability to take care of my health and at least survive longer. And I am not getting any younger anymore. It's only up to me to do it and I must start now. I think that visit with my PCP for an annual check-up had given me an awakening to really take care of myself.

I know I'm still young and had a lot to accomplish. So without taking care of myself I think all the chances and opportunities in store for me will not be claimed. So it's high time now for me to cutback on some things that really contributed for my unhealthy practices and most of them I'd love to do.

This means no more dining out, eating junk foods, getting some sweets, drinking sodas, etc. I must go out there and stretch out and also perspire. I have to get enough sleep and rest and also get rid of the stressors that contribute to my excessive eating and lack of  motivation to exercise. And most importantly I need to drink plenty of water to oxidize and hydrate my body cells.

I must push myself to the limits to attain good results and I have to start right now. Nothing else will encourage and motivate me but I must do it alone by myself. Hopefully, I can do it and I must do it. I hope I have the guts to do it alone. So I need to really work it out there. As what an old adage had said; "If there's no pain, there would be no gain." And that means I have to really sweat it out in order to gain it.

So technically, I have to really have to give it a good try and do my very best shot. And I will keep you updated what will be the result for all my efforts. Watch out you folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment