Saturday, April 10, 2010

Job Hunting

It's been a week now since I resigned from my hospital job. I haven't got some calls yet among the hospitals that I had applied online. I had filled-up some applications online for at least seven big hospitals all around Los Angeles and Long Beach area and until now I haven't had any responses yet.

I am still waiting patiently until I will get the call. The one in Long Beach Memorial Medical Center was my target because of the ER opportunities and experiences that was in store. My  second cousin's wife was the assistant night manager there so I am hoping that she will help me out. I called her to just follow-up my application and she said she will. I am crossing my fingers that I will get the job. All I need is just a little patience.

I felt so bored today at home so I decided to call the nursing registry that I called earlier this week telling them that I am coming to the office to submit some of my credentials for record keeping just in case there is a good opportunity for registry nurses in the Los Angeles, Orange County, and Long Beach area. I will just keep this registry job for the meantime while waiting for a better hospital to respond from my online applications.

Anyway, I had still kept my job at the school. At least I have some steady hours there and also some steady income for the moment while waiting for the very important and most awaited call. Thank God I am still tied with the school. At least my financial resources was still at the safe side.

This coming May I will embark a three week vacation to France. Finally, this long awaited vacation will be pushed through after it got postponed last year when my mom passed away. I have to voluntarily postpone it in observance of my mourning and grieving during my mom's wake. Now, it has to be done or else I will have to forfeit the ticket.

What I am wary about is that what if the hospitals will call me when I was in the middle of my vacation to France. I hope they will just call me before I will leave for vacation so that I can negotiate with them to let me go vacation first before starting for my job orientation. I hope they will understand. Hopefully, I will be going without even thinking any worries of my forthcoming job.

Hunting for jobs nowadays is very hard and tough. In as much as I don't want to leave my previous hospital job I just can't help it because I have to or else I will be dipped in hot waters or much more be in trouble. Things nowadays in any jobs are not that safe and secure eventhough how careful you are. Some people will eventually have to find ways to really put you down.

Good thing I was that strong enough to just swallow my pride or ego and quietly and peacefully exited the door. I know there are always a wide array of opportunities out there waiting for me. And for sure God will not leave me at all.

And I know I can make it and will make it even more challenging, unforgettable, and educational. Thank God I have this courage to muster what odds will be waiting for me. It takes a lot of guts to face everything. It really scares me but what can I do I have to face the odds.

Hopefully all is well and everything will be all right. I just submitted all my requirements at the nursing registry pending my physical, chest x-ray, and drug screen. Hopefully, it will be a smooth sailing opportunity for me out there.

I did this kind of registry job before. I liked it so much and it's very challenging although there is no stability and security with this type of job because you don't know if you'll get called or not. But I hope and pray that  everything will be away from harm's way.

It's tough out there but I have to face it. For sure, this will make me even stronger, confident, and more experienced. Whatever opportunities I can meet I hope I will learn from them. Life is always a challenge and we never stop to learn from our everyday endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. i visited your site and it was good enough than othere site that i visited before.


    part-time job

    ReplyDelete