Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year To All

This year, I spend my New Year's Eve countdown at the Los Angeles Universal Citywalk. The place was so crowded and a lot of revelers from all walks of life had witnessed the most amazing and noisy celebration as the new year had approached. There were fireworks popped in the air to herald the coming of the first day of the year 2010.

I left my apartment at around 7:30 PM and passed by the Shell station in Sunset Blvd. to fill-up my car's gas because the tank was almost empty. Then after that I went to the bank and withdraw some money for my gig tonight. After withdrawing the money I headed straight to Universal Studios in North Hollywood  thinking that I gonna spend my New Year there and witness the display of fireworks.

I was battling initially whether I will go to Universal Citywalk of Nokia Theater in downtown Los Angeles but I made my mind to go to the former option because I spend my New Year last year in downtown Nokia Theater. So to have a different experience I decided to go to Universal Citywalk.

I drove straight to 101 Freeway North or Ventura Freeway but when I got there, I was surprised and shocked that they were charging the parking so much for the amount of $30.00. That was so expensive and enormous. I then thought that the management took advantage of the situation to charge that much money. Such opportunist! But what can I do, I was there already so I immediately pulled out two fresh twenty dollar bills and paid my parking and took my change after that despite I was opposed to it.

I then spotted a very convenient parking on the fourth level then after that I headed to the concert square. There were a lot of people there probably with the same goal like mine. I know they were there for the New Year's Eve countdown also.

Since it was still early I decided to line up at the cinema line to buy a ticket for "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squekquel." The movie was very funny but short. I like all the Chipmunks. Alvin was so cute and funny, as well as Theodore and Simon. The girl Chipmunks were also cool but I forgot their names. I can only remember Britney and Ellenore, I don't know about the other one.

Charice was also a guest star in that movie. She sang a song by Lady Gaga and she delivered it well. So far, all in all, the movie was so hilarious and fun to watch. I laughed a lot at the three cute munchkins. I loved them so much.

After the movie I went out of the theater and checked if it was already crowded outside the piazza. It was already 10:00 PM that time and the crowd started to eventually pack the place. I walked a little bit around the place taking pictures then went back to the piazza where the concert was been going on. I stayed there until the countdown started.

There were games set by a radio station on the stage where people needs to vote for the appropriate winner according to the talents they showed to the public. Then after the games there were a band group who started singing few famous cover songs from different well-known groups like Journey, Bon Jovi, Cheaptricks, etc.

When it was one hour before the countdown people started to pack the central plaza and were very eager to wait for the time to come. There were a lot of guards spread all around the place to look out for any violence or people who will alter the peace and quiet of the celebration.

The full moon started to come out and illuminate brightly the open blue skies. As I was reading the yahoo news this morning it was said that this will be the last full moon of the year. And it was called a "blue moon" which only occurs every nineteen years.

When midnight stroke people were making a lot of noise heralding the coming of the first day of the year 2010, which is the New Year. The countdown started at 10 seconds before midnight. After the countdown there were fireworks that came out from the blue sky giving an awe-inspiring display of colorful sparks up in the air.

There were white confetti spurting from everywhere spreading up up in the air like real snow and messing the whole place. Some people hooted their horns and the band on the stage continued playing ear-splitting metallic music. It was total chaos and people started to greet each other "Happy New Year!" as the time elapsed.

My New Year was a blast although I have to pay $30.00 for the parking, at least I had witnessed the most noisy New Year I had here in the United States. Unlike in the Philippines where fireworks and firecrackers were everywhere making so much noise and display of sparks as I can remember.

I waited for another hour for the people to get settled down and the traffic to wane down until I decided to leave the place. Then I went home very happy and glad that at least my New Year was a memorable one this year.

May you have a promising New Year this year and may love, happiness, good health, and peace of mind will be yours all throughout the whole year. Happy New Year to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment