Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Every year we celebrate Thanksgiving Day as a reminder of the goodness of the Lord and the enormous great blessings we got for the whole year.

And nothing could be appropriate for this appreciation but devoting one day to thank our Almighty for His goodness to us and for the graces we got for the whole year, though how good or bad it was.

And as of me, I always never forgot everything that had happened for me this year especially for a very stable job I have and for having the career or calling that I love most.

My job at the hospital always brought joy to me as I interact with the sick kids and helped them get well. I always cherished every moment I had with them as I learn and grow with them everyday. My problems were always eased up everytime I am with them. Never been a dull moment. It's always a well spent time all the time.

My child advocacy work had always taught me how to be resilient in every challenges life had caused me. The great opportunity of having helped this abandoned and abused kids always brought a lot of joy to me.

And the realization that their life needs to be always watched or monitored, because it is the most critical and crucial time of their life, I now know that they needed to have a firm and well formative stage rather than to have a misguided abnormal life. That's why I am always there to be of service to them.

Since my life had always mirrored their life, I know I can always be an example for them not to get astray and get lost. And I don't want that cycle to happen again that's why I am always volunteering and advocating for their sake. It brought me a lot of fulfillment and love when I helped them in some ways like this.

Also, my part-time job at school gave me the maturity and confidence I never had. I always cherished my time with my students as I guide them in their path to professionalism and love the calling they chose. I am always thankful that they appreciated my presence and help and I never feel so much fulfilled when they hunt me back and thanked me for the efforts I put up with them.

So far, my fulfillment was complete because most of them successfully passed their board exam with flying colors . Soon they will be embarking another challenge in their life which is looking for a decent job. I am so proud of them and for being a part of their growth and their success.

On the other hand, my volunteer work was another blessing I can thank of. It always touches my inner self helping homeless people even in a small way.

Talking with them from time to time and lending a listening ear was even huge for them. And I can't never see any enthusiasm and inner fire in me when I can see in their eyes that at least having me in their midst can make them forgot the harsh realities of life. It greatly complete my existence here on earth.

I also thank God for my loving family though how divided we are in our own individual views and beliefs. Yet we share the same sentiments that we are still connected by blood and with our own past and heritage.

Recently, I had some big issues to tackle with my big sister but good thing I had the tenacity to handle it professionally and real well. And I was able to forgive her despite how it hurt me so badly.

There's always great fulfillment when you forgive someone close to you and who greatly did a wrongdoing to you. And I myself is a testimony to that. It makes your inner soul and conscience feel lighter and complete.

Although, I live alone I feel I am a very happy person because I always have something to keep busy on. It really keeps me away from stressing out myself thereby causing harm with my health. I always have time to contemplate, laugh, amuse, enjoy, give time to myself, and thank God for everything He did to me.

I know my mom's passing had pose a great toll on me when she left us but the hurt I had felt made me more stronger and had motivated me to go on with my life intrepidly and never regress badly and get stuck in that horrible past but to forge on with great determination and continue living succesfully and bravely tackling the challenges and harsh realities of life.

I know everything that had happened to my life had a specific and special reasons so I just leave everything to God to decide what's in store for me although I know I have to bust my butt off all the time to achieve total success and happiness.

So, on this Thanksgiving Day I am so thankful first and foremost for the good life I enjoyed and for all the good and wonderful people who surrounded me and showered me with their great friendship and unconditional love. I am always excited to keep my life going because of this magnificent and wonderful people around me. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

I know God is always good to me and to us all and I can never ever stop thanking Him for everything He did and showered to me. I still feel fortunate to have this beautiful and fulfilling life I had. I know He uses me as an instrument to touch other people's lives and I can only promise Him that I am always ready to be of service for Him.

Thank you very very much for being there all the time though I always felt that I am sometimes abandoned but I now understand that you were always there carrying me most of the time despite I only saw one set of footprints in the sand. Now it is more clearer to me that you never never left me alone. That you were always there all the time and never left me by myself. Thank you so much!

I just can't stop loving and thanking Him for all of these. So, God wherever you are, "Thank you very much for everything! I will always love you and I just can't forget you everyday as I live."

And to all of you, always count your blessings and thank God for everything that had happened in your life starting from the day that you were born, having a great life and loving family, and until the day that you'll die.

God is always good to us. Never stop thanking Him for everything that He did to us everyday. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment