Monday, October 26, 2009

Proudest of the Proud

Well, seems like good news always reverberates everywhere. It tingled my ears everytime I heard one.

I know life has it's good news and bad news. But I'd rather take the good news first and just learn from the bad news in the end.

I was been the proudest of the proud upon hearing that most of my students from Batch 4 who took the NCLEX-PN exams recently passed with flying colors.

So far, I heard six students from the class had took it and passed it 100%. There's still at least three getting the exam at the end of this month. And if they passed it there will be nine board passers out of the eleven who graduated. I am hoping all of them will eventually pass and get a very decent job.

I am very happy to know that my students had learned a lot, after most of them flunked that initial ATI test or exit exam and with only two students passed it.

It was an honest mistake and a huge challenge for them but at least they've learned from it. And now I can really see and feel that they really prepared theirselves for their board exams.

I mean this batch was just an A-okay group in their clinical and theory class and they really showed their best to change their outlook in front of their instructors. A very rowdy group but had some potentials.

Hopefully, with fingers crossed all of them will pass the board fruitfully. I could never be more thankful and prouder for that. I hope they will eventually know how noble the nursing profession be.

But for the meantime, I am savoring their success because in as much as I won't admit it, I am still a part of what they are, after handling them for twelve solid months in their clinical rotations.

So, to all who passed: Eva Selene, Abigail, Nimfa, Krystel, Jhoan, and Ronnel; Congratulations Guys!

I hope you will land a more decent job, and learn to love your profession. You have been called to care for the sick people and hope you will do your part to take care of them. You are now my colleagues. Welcome to the new world of Nursing Profession!

And to all who are still waiting for their approval and schedule, good luck to all of you. Hope you will make it too, like this magic six who just reached the finish line and made it to the top.

They've set a good example to you guys, hope you won't disappoint their efforts to always find excellence in our teachings.

Your instructors, mentors, classmates, parents, love ones and everybody who are close to you would be more proud if you can also make it to the top.

Study well, and good luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment