Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Kite Story

I don't know why I kept sharing all these life-inspiring stories I've read lately. I may be paranoid about my faith.....

I am in a mood of jotting all these little snippets of features I've read lately in my blog so that one day when I come across such situation I may recall that they were related to what I experienced that day. But it seems that these stories I bumped oftenly happens in our lives everyday. It is routinary.

Like this one I got, from ODB, when I was doing my quiet time trying to reflect myself and examine my faith in Jesus our Lord.

I may be not a very religious person but I tried to maintain my relationship with Jesus Christ everyday by at least spending an ample time to read bible verses and refllecting it's effect and essence in my daily living.

That's why ODB was very handy for me and was very helpful in guiding me with my solo bible study and quiet time.

That way, I couldn't forget that there is only one Lord, which is Jesus Christ, that oversees us and reminds us that we have to know our limitations and live our lives the right and moral way.

This story of the brazen kite reminds me of myself a lot who always forgot that there is always a border and a stop line. And it really inspired me because it kinda mirror the life I am living all the time.

I am always gullible in everything I do and I don't know that I am passing the borderline already. Then suddenly I will crash and then start all over again.

It gives me a big lesson to live life within my own means and my limitations and not to be greedy and selfish in attaining for more things that we don't even need leading us to debauch ourselves and live in excess which can hurt our own ties with the Lord and forget about our own spirituality.

I consider myself a spiritual person, rather than a practicing religious person, because I don't fancy showing to everyone that I go to Church everyday or every Sunday and been doing things against the morality of our conscience. Like some people showing off that they practice their religion but in fact talking unreal things behind someone's back.

Enough for those crap. I am a very straight-forward person. And if I don't like the way you treated me, then you can hear an earful from me. That's how upfront I am, though in a very nice and professional way of course.

Well, let's go to the story and I hope you all like it as you like my previous post. Hope this one will also inspire you and served you a big lesson for today. Here's Religion 101 from your bestfriend in the neighborhood. Hehehe......

~The Kite Story~

"Once there was a kite that loved to fly high. Nothing made it happier than to be caught in a stiff breeze that would send it soaring upward, far above the grassy meadows below. It loved the feel of the wind and the faraway view.

But gradually the kite became dissatisfied. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could fly even higher that its string allowed? It could think only of sailing so high that the houses became dots far below. So it tugged and tugged on the string, hoping to break free.

Then one day the string snapped! For a moment the kite was ecstatic as it leaped skyward. But then it began to tumble and spin out of control, and soon it crashed to the ground below.

Unfortunately, we are sometimes like that kite. We want to go places and do things that are morally out of bounds. We tug against the lordship of Christ and the truth that we are to live Him. We tell ourselves that if only we could get free, we would be happy. But like that kite, we would crash.

Jesus died and rose from the grave to give us true liberty - freedom to soar safely within the bounds of His law and the constraints of His love."
 
So what do you think? I hope you like it a lot, in as much as I like it, too. Till next post..... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment