Friday, August 21, 2009

Catching Up With Batch 5

It's been six weeks since I was gone from Homestead Schools. And I already missed the batch that I was handling.

Bienveline kept facebooking me all the time and telling me that her group already missed me a lot. Herald and Roselle kept bugging me all the time by commenting on my facebook wall. Well, that's touching to know. I really missed bonding with them.

I heard that Mrs. Nicolas had handled them patiently on their term 4 at Greater El Monte Community Hospital were they were exposed to different units such at emergency room, intensive care unit, pediatrics, post-partum, nursery, and delivery room.

I have been to this hospital before with my previous batch. It was a small community hospital but I think the students will learn a lot from there especially on their Pediatrics and OB-Gyn rotations. I hope batch 5 will do well with Mrs. Nicolas.

Right now, I am doing my objectives and lesson plan for the clinical exposure tomorrow. I don't know what part of term 4 they are now but I have to generalized my first day goals and just specify it next Saturday.

This batch will be rotating in this hospital every Saturday and will have their theory and lecture class every Sunday with Ms. Reily. So far this batch is still intact with the addition of Angela from batch 4. Glorietta and Maggie were already dropped from the class midway the third term. And now there's eight of them left.

I hope my first day with them tomorrow will be okay. I really missed them and their lively interactions especially during pre- and post- conferences. I just want to be cool with them on my first day so that they won't feel that I am really pushing them so hard.

Hopefully, next week I can give them an exam depending on my assessment of what they have learned from their theory classes and recent clinical exposure.

I handled this class on their third term at Centinela Hospital Medical center last rotation and so far they are doing good and well with their assessments and care plans. I just need to just follow them up for their implementations and evaluations with concerning their patient care. By the time they finish term 4 then they will know a lot of things about nursing.

This batch will be graduating in early November after two years of doing clinicals every weekends. I know they have been to a lot of things and situations as well as adversities. But still they're still intact and strongly stuck with each other.

I hope they will do good on the NCLEX review and exam when the time comes. At least they are all mature enough to understand nursing because some of them were older than me and have a lot of wisdom and experiences in life.

Their instructor's teachings were been ubiquitous all over to prepare them for their board exam, the pinnacle of their education. I hope it will help them recall what they've learned from class and the clinicals as well.

I can't wait to see them tomorrow and enjoy their hilarious, fun, and occasionally wild company.

No comments:

Post a Comment