Sunday, August 11, 2024

Amalfi Coast And Puglia Vacation

Early this Summer, I embarked on a two week vacation to Amalfi Coast and Puglia Region of Italy together with my best friend Ludy and and her family. It was the most memorable vacation I have ever had. I am so pleased that my friend let me join their vacation, and as a freeloader (hehehe is what I have described myself) it was fun to do it in groups rather than by myself,

I flew to Rome and then took an express train from Fiumicino Airport to Naples. The train ride lasted for 2 hours and to me it was just a breeze. When I arrived in Naples Central Station it was close to midnight. Naples at night felt like an eerie place because the piazza was filled with black migrants and it was very scary.

I have to look for my hotel which was just a few stone throw away from the train station. I dragged my luggage while walking towards the hotel nervously skimming my cellphone at Google map to guide me for the direction to the hotel. Fortunately, I found the hotel after several turns, bends, and alleyways. Phew!

I checked in at the hotel and then went up to the room and then went down again to ask the receptionist where's the best to eat during that time. I was so famished because I have the eat two meals and had skipped breakfast and lunch. 

The receptionist recommended me a pasta restaurant across the street which was still open at that time. I ordered half-a-dozen of fresh oysters and a pizza. Naples reputation for the pizza was been heard worldwide that is why I have to try even just one since I am there and by tomorrow I will transfer to Amalfi Coast so it was the right time to indulge myself of pizza at that time.

The pizza was called San Rafael and it was awesomely delicious. That when I finished  the last slice I still went licking my fingers because it was  crazily yummy. Yeah, Naples really live up to its name and had proved to myself that their pizza was topnotch. I am glad I made a decision to have one for it was just that moment that this rare opportunity can come into fruition. 

After dinner, I went back to my hotel since walking at Plaza Garibaldi at that time looks dangerous because the plaza was eerily dark. In my  fatigue, I didn't even realized I made myself vulnerable to fall asleep.

******

The following day, I woke up early and prepared myself to meet the gang at the train station so that we can be together for a long ride to Amalfi Coast. It was a promising morning so I decided to take my time and just enjoy the vibe that Naples had imparted to me upon my arrival last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment